1. SteamRep is shutting down at the end of 2024. See announcement.

Accepted Appeal: 76561198178352831 - (Black-San / BANNED BY SR)

Discussion in 'Archived Appeals' started by Black-San, Nov 5, 2018.

1. Black-San

Black-San New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:109043551
    Appeal for BANNED BY SR

Steam profile: 76561198178352831 (Black-San)

Appeal Plea: I am innocent of all listed offenses
    Appeal Reason: [Accounts] Hijacked - My account was abused by hijacker
    Victim Repayment: No, I committed no fraud or had no direct victims
    Previous Appeals: No, this is my first appeal here

Alternate Accounts:
    I do not own any other accounts​

Appeal description:
    Earlier in october 2018 i ended up falling for the "pending ban" scam and my account was hacked by somebody in the philippines (he also tried to log into my gmail)

he messaged almost everybody on my friends list and some of my friends reported me thinking it was me and not the hacker i'm pretty sure

When i got back to my account i found the hacker talking to himself in another language-https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/443492591804350521/501263344003579904/unknown.png

He also made it so it said i was "banned" on steam rep and later on it said i wasnt banned- https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/443492591804350521/501140350514102283/unknown.png

i didnt even know i was banned until today because i just wanted to go onto a tf2 server with my boyfriend and it wouldnt let me in, please i just want this to be over with.​

Attached Files:

2. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    If you are claiming hijack you must prove such.
    Start with steam support ticket where they confirm you were compromised.
  3. Black-San

Black-San New User

Steam:
    here is the message they sent saying that i cannot trade for 15 days and that they changed my password
    sorry for the long reply

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 5, 2018
  4. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    Fulls screenshots of the entire ticket please.
    Also keep in mind I'm only suggesting what is needed - I will NOT be the one handling the appeal.
    You must be patient and await someone to follow up.
  5. Black-San

Black-San New User

Steam:
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 27, 2019
  6. Black-San

Black-San New User

Steam:
    Are there any admins i can add on steam to discuss this with? I have multiple servers that i would like to be able to go back onto and i just found out that i cannot log onto certain websites because of the ban. I would really like to get this fixed and i dont want to have to wait for a few years :[
  7. You Are The One

You Are The One SteamRep Admin

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:41038663
    Can you please explain exactly how you lost access to your account?
  8. Black-San

Black-San New User

Steam:
    Sorry i havent replied ive been extremely busy and i forgot to check up here.

So basically I fell for the scam thinking somebody was an admin when they werent because they hacked somebody on my friends list and used that as a way to trick me. Since then ive learned, at the time i was just really confused though.
  9. Teeny Tiny Cat

Teeny Tiny Cat SteamRep Admin Partner Community

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:46722104
    Please be more specific. What exactly did they say to you, and how did they gain access to your account?
  10. Black-San

Black-San New User

Steam:
    Alright so i got a message from my friend saying "hey i accidentally reported you so can you message this person so they can verify your account" and i was like alright sure, so i added them and messaged them. then what happened was i got something from my email with a code and he told me to give it to him, so i gave it to him and he ended up being able to change my password and username so i wasnt able to get back into my account. I contacted steam and got it back i think 6-9 hours later but he had already messaged a good bit of my friends list trying to trick them into doing the same thing and thats why somebody had reported me because i dont think they knew that i had been hacked.
  11. Black-San

Black-San New User

Steam:
    I was wondering if you guys had gotten my report above? i'm sorry if i was late to sending messages back i've been extremely busy with real life issues. I hope you guys can get back to me soon thank you.
  12. Teeny Tiny Cat

Teeny Tiny Cat SteamRep Admin Partner Community

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:46722104
    Why is your profile private?
  13. Black-San

Black-San New User

Steam:
    i'm sorry about that around a month ago i had people trying to target me and harass me so i had to put my profile to friends only, i'll go on ahead and put it to public again though because i think everything has died down for a while.
  14. Black-San

Black-San New User

Steam:
    So can I get any help at all? I gave you guys all of the information I got in this and i've told my side of the story. I showed you guys proof of steam helping me get my account back and i'll even say the story again. I got messaged by a friend who told me they accidentally reported my profile and told me to talk to a "steam admin" I talked to the "admin" (who's account is completely banned now) and they asked for a code through the email which I gave them and they had complete access of my account. I fell for it because they were sending me images and things that looked suspiciously real and I wasnt aware of the scam at the time. I got my account back 6-9 hours later and I've had my account back ever since then. I haven't scammed anybody and I have my account fully back with more security on it i'm pretty sure. I even talked to the person who reported me and they even told me they were sorry about what they did, they said they would help me out with the issue on here but that was months ago. you can even ask one of my friends who at the time knew I was hacked and even messaged the hacker on my account. I just don't get why I haven't had any help because I gave you guys the information I have ages ago.
  15. Black-San

Black-San New User

Steam:
    It has literally been years, I gave you all the information I had and I've had my account back basically since the incident happened, I even got into contact with the person who reported me and they even understood it wasnt me at the time. It is unbelievable that losing control of my account for around 9 hours because I fell for a new (at the time) scam while sleep deprived can get me banned from just about every TF2 community server, due to the bot crisis and being falsely banned I literally quit the game. I've had my account back and I was even able to put 2 factor authentication on it, yet no matter what information I give I am ignored for several years. This is extremely unprofessional and ridiculous, and at this point i'll even call somebody up on discord just to prove that I own this account and that i'm not some low life scammer. It is infuriating having to check up on this website every week and see no reply, I dont understand what more I have to give to you people to actually get help with this. If Steam support can help me get my account back in 9 hours then I do not see why you all cant just read the information i've already given you and just help me out already. I hate to get impatient but oh my god it has been YEARS.
  16. You Are The One

Steam:
    Thanks for waiting, we are currently processing backlog and when we are at 18/19 cases we will followup with your thread, but bumping w/o adding any details is not permitted, I will let it go this time tho.

Thanks!
  17. You Are The One

Steam:
    After a review some new information was gathered corroborating your claim and the appeal will be granted. Please make sure you secure your account, do not share account credentials, make sure you have some sort of antivirus and practice safe browsing habits. We are unlikely to take appeals for users repeatedly hijacked.

Appeal granted

Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative).**