1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Rejected Appeal: 76561198184969633 - (PaladiiN / BANNED BY SR)

Discussion in 'Archived Appeals' started by BilboSwaggins 2, May 18, 2019.

1. BilboSwaggins 2

BilboSwaggins 2 Banned on SteamRep

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:112351952
    Appeal for BANNED BY SR

Steam profile: 76561198184969633 (PaladiiN)

Appeal Plea: I committed the offense(s), I admit it
    Appeal Reason: [Change of Heart] I will never scam again.
    Victim Repayment: No, I committed no fraud or had no direct victims
    Previous Appeals: No, this is my first appeal here

Alternate Accounts:
    N/A​

Appeal description:
    Hello, I am Benjamin Oliver.

Almost three years ago I had my knife scammed off me. It was worth around £70 at the time. I was tricked by an OPSkins verification scam which meant that I traded my knife to a scammer alt steam profile. I was only 15 at the time and it upset me greatly. I didn't really know how to process that I had just lost £70 so I came with an idea of how to get a new knife, I would simply scam somebody using the same method I had fallen for. This obviously didn't work and I actually broke down and confessed half way through scamming somebody after they called me out. (See chat logs bellow). After this I attempted to apologies and make it up to him in some way. He declined and blocked me. I then received my SteamRep ban. It was just, and I had earned it. I never took any items from him and never tried to trade with anybody again. After 3 years I am still remorseful of my actions. I have tried to reach out to the 'victim' multiple times but he has not accepted my friend requests and I fear he may have stopped playing/trading. My days of trading are done but I would like the stain of a SR ban removed from my profile. I feel it is no longer relevant to me as a person. I was just a young and stupid kid. I would never attempt to scam anybody again and I thoroughly learned my lesson. If the ban could be lifted from my account I would be very great full however, I do understand if you think my account is still a risk. Thank you for your time.

Kind regards. View attachment 714293 View attachment 714294 View attachment 714295

Attached Files:

2. You Are The One

You Are The One SteamRep Admin

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:41038663
    After a review of the report and this appeal, I will be unable to grant the appeal. The type of offense is too advanced to dismiss and was premeditated. Furthermore, the scam only works with an additional account involved, you did not list any alternate accounts nor mention involvement by any third party. I hope you learned your lesson and keep from doing similar things down the road.

Appeal denied.