1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Archived Appeal: 76561198184969633 - (Xol de Zori / BANNED BY SR)

Discussion in 'Archived Appeals' started by BilboSwaggins 2, Dec 10, 2021.

1. BilboSwaggins 2

BilboSwaggins 2 Banned on SteamRep

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:112351952
    Appeal for BANNED BY SR

Steam profile: 76561198184969633 (Xol de Zori)

Appeal Plea: I committed the offense(s), I admit it
    Appeal Reason: [Change of Heart] I will never scam again.
    Victim Repayment: Yes, I repaid the victims of my offense(s)
    Previous Appeals: Yes, I appealed here before and it was denied.

Alternate or Related Accounts:
    [Alt/smurf account I intended to use in the scam]
    | steamname: Bobby B
    | steam3ID: [U:1:233384066]
    | steamID32: STEAM_0:0:116692033
    | steamID64: https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198193649794
    | customURL: https://steamcommunity.com/id/kingbobbybaratheon
    | steamrep: https://steamrep.com/profiles/76561198193649794

Appeal description:
    "Hello, I am Benjamin Oliver.

Almost three years ago I had my knife scammed off me. It was worth around £70 at the time. I was tricked by an OPSkins verification scam which meant that I traded my knife to a scammer alt steam profile. I was only 15 at the time and it upset me greatly. I didn't really know how to process that I had just lost £70 so I came with an idea of how to get a new knife, I would simply scam somebody using the same method I had fallen for. This obviously didn't work and I actually broke down and confessed half way through scamming somebody after they called me out. (See chat logs bellow). After this I attempted to apologies and make it up to him in some way. He declined and blocked me. I then received my SteamRep ban. It was just, and I had earned it. I never took any items from him and never tried to trade with anybody again. After 3 years I am still remorseful of my actions. I have tried to reach out to the 'victim' multiple times but he has not accepted my friend requests and I fear he may have stopped playing/trading. My days of trading are done but I would like the stain of a SR ban removed from my profile. I feel it is no longer relevant to me as a person. I was just a young and stupid kid. I would never attempt to scam anybody again and I thoroughly learned my lesson. If the ban could be lifted from my account I would be very great full however, I do understand if you think my account is still a risk. Thank you for your time."

This is the text of my original appeal, all of the details about the scam itself are all still correct, however I have since managed to reach out to the person I attempted to scam and apologised and offered to compensate them (although I didn't ever actually successfully scam him). The reasoning for my original appeal for being rejected was that I had not linked the other steam account I used. I have now attached the account I intended to use in the scam to the appeal. The other part of the reason was that the scam was "advanced and premeditated", and all I can say about this is that I must disagree. There was almost no planning or prior thought used. I attempted to scam the victim almost immediately after I myself had been scammed, and using the exact same scam that fooled me. I used my smurf account for CSGO as the other account for the scam because it was the only alternative account I had available. I don't deny that the type of scam I used can definitely be successful and advanced when applied properly but if you read my chat logs I come across as someone foolish, naïve and desperate. I have also attached an image of the trade log when I got scammed from my steam trade history. As you can see the account I traded to does look like what could be an OPSkins bot, whereas I never even bothered to change the name of my smurf account. This is all the additional explanation I can give but I hope I have provided more insight into my actions. I am very sorry if the ordering of my appeal is a bit messy, although I live in the UK now English is not my first language.

Thank you again for your time​

Attached Files:

2. Lava

Lava Public Relations SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:46187366
    Only 1 appeal per person, sorry.