1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Rejected Appeal: 7656119818557491 - (wstrebs / BANNED BY SR)

Discussion in 'Archived Appeals' started by wstrebs, Jan 26, 2021.

1. wstrebs

wstrebs Banned on SteamRep

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:112654591
    Appeal for BANNED BY SR

Steam profile: 7656119818557491 (wstrebs)

Appeal Plea: I committed the offense(s), I admit it
    Appeal Reason: [Change of Heart] I will never scam again.
    Victim Repayment: Yes, I repaid the victims of my offense(s)
    Previous Appeals: No, this is my first appeal here

Alternate or Related Accounts:
    No​

Appeal description:
    Hello, I am appealing because, although I made a mistake four or five years ago (I was much younger, inexperienced and childish), I regret it very much and I hope you can help me with this situation. That scam I committed at that time (for which I was banned) has been immediately repaid on that occasion after I realised what a dishonourable act I had committed. The reality is that I had never done such a thing before, so I felt very bad about it and tried to fix it any way I could. I rewarded the victim with a lot of skins and he accepted them, and he understood and forgave my act. After that, everything has been sorted out with him and we even had a few laughs. Some time later he asked for my ban to be removed, but it was not removed. My attitude is one of remorse and I am fully available to provide any information an administrator asks for. I am attaching the screenshot where the victim requested that my ban be removed, and of course I am also attaching the screenshot of my trading history where it appears that I have paid him back. The reason why I am appealing just now and not at that time is because I honestly did not understand the heaviness of my ban. I hope you can help me, thank you very much!​

Attached Files:

2. You Are The One

You Are The One SteamRep Admin

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:41038663
    Cropped screenshots are not acceptable (see the evidence/screenshot thread for more info), in addition, the repayment chat is required for such appeals.
  3. wstrebs

Steam:
    No problem, here I send you the uncropped screenshots. As for the chat issue, this situation is about four or five years old, so I don't really have the screenshots of that conversation. But as you can see in the second screenshot, you can see perfectly the date on which the exchange took place, literally a while after the scam. I don't know what other recourse I can take. I hope you can help me, best regards!

Attached Files:

4. You Are The One

Steam:
  5. wstrebs

Steam:
    Ok, here I send you all the screenshots of my inventory history. As I mentioned in my appeal, I didn't know how to remedy my mistake, as the DLC the victim wanted is not available for sale, so it was impossible for me to send it to him. Instead, I decided to reimburse him with many skins from the same game, which he accepted and forgave my mistake. As for the report, I actually found out quite some time later, so my intention was sincerely to be nice to him and to get him to forgive me for what I had done, so yes, I did feel bad about it. Thank you and cheers!

Attached Files:

6. You Are The One

Steam:
    I mentioned the reporter only considered your repayment as partial and not a full repayment, have you addressed this with them since? I already asked this so would like an answer. Additionally, you did not provide repayment chat.
    These are critical questions that will affect the outcome of the appeal and need to be addressed. I will give an additional two weeks to followup.

Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative).**
  7. You Are The One

Steam:
    After a review and speaking with you today, their is insufficient evidence to overturn the original admins judgement mainly due to lack of followup by you.
    Appeal denied.

Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative).**