1. SteamRep is shutting down at the end of 2024. See announcement.

Rejected Appeal: 76561198191970951 - (Hank Trill / BANNED BY SR)

Discussion in 'Archived Appeals' started by Hank Trill 2, May 27, 2023.

1. Hank Trill 2

Hank Trill 2 Banned on SteamRep

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:115852611
    Appeal for BANNED BY SR

Steam profile: 76561198191970951 (Hank Trill)

Appeal Plea: I commited the offense(s), but it was minor or I disagree with SteamRep policy
    Appeal Reason: [Change of Heart] I will never scam again.
    Victim Repayment: No, I committed no fraud or had no direct victims
    Previous Appeals: No, this is my first appeal here

Alternate or Related Accounts:
    Don’t use another account.​

Appeal description:
    I did “attempt” a scam by technicalities however it was in retaliation for a lowball offer from the person who submitted me for a steamrep ban. This also occurred whenever I was 15 i’m now 23 and trade frequently you can check my friends list for some high ranking traders. Noel and Kaiser as well as comments vouching for me on my steam profile also have never received any bans from steam themselves for anything. My steamrep ban hasn’t caused any issues with any trades ever however I cannot use a subreddit due to my steamrep ban status it’d be appreciated if I could get a ban removal granted how many years it’s been with no offenses.​
  2. Hank Trill 2

Steam:
    Just realized I should list my alt account even though I don’t use it for trading it’s “Papa” on steam I don’t use it for trading only for playing with my lower ranked friends as I am LEM on my main. (Hank Trill)
  3. Roudydogg1

Roudydogg1 SteamRep Admin Friend Community

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:58227918
  4. Hank Trill 2

Steam:
    1. How do I edit my appeal?

2. Why would that not be a valid reason I have a long proven track record that I don’t scam and i’ve made hundreds of trades with 0 issues and I cannot make a post on that subreddit until my steamrep ban is cleared.
    3. I’m a grown adult now I don’t believe the actions of a 15 y/o me depict anything I do now.
    4. If you look at the chat from my original ban you can see where i even mentioned how he tried to 1/1 a m9 tt for my karambit tt so i sent him that “scam offer” as a meme and he ran with it. Only time i ever did it not to mention.
  5. Hank Trill 2

Steam:
  6. Hank Trill 2

Steam:
    Anybody here?
  7. Roudydogg1

SteamRep Admin:
    1. You did not read our appeal tips or you would have linked that account correctly.
    2. Don't bump your appeal.
    Because you selected for your appeal reason CHANGE OF HEART, and it does NOT show a change of heart at ALL. It only shows that you are selfish, and ONLY want to be unbanned so you can go on reddit.. not that you're sorry at all for what you did or that you wouldn't do it again, no apology, no taking responsibility; just blaming your scam on a "technicality" which it is not, by the way.

Vouches do not matter for appeals.
    "High ranking traders" on your friends list does not matter for appeals.
    The amount of trading you have done does not matter for appeals.
    The fact that you think it was a "meme" does not matter for appeals.

Is there anything else you think I should know about before I conclude this appeal, or have I about covered it?
    Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative).**
  8. Hank Trill 2

Steam:
    The change of heart is evident in my actions since the ban I plainly stated I wouldn’t do it again by marking change of heart. I never took anything from anybody then and never still to this date have before. I think it’s blatant I wouldn’t do it again given the amount of years it’s been since the one and only report ever filed on me. I apologize for ever doing it to begin with yes because it was a stupid mistake but you’re acting as if I can spill emotion through a comment on this forum you have a prejudice on me as if you know that i’m not sorry if I wasn’t sorry I wouldn’t have appealed in the first place. Appealing now was because I cannot post on that subreddit yes, that’s not the only reason why I’d like the ban to be lifted but simply the impact I am facing from being banned which is why I stated it in my appeal.
  9. Hank Trill 2

Steam:
    Also you claimed I didn’t take responsibility but I did “I don’t believe the actions of a 15 y/o me depict anything I do now.” saying that I don’t believe the actions I took at 15 depict anything about me now at 23.
  10. Roudydogg1

SteamRep Admin:
    Thank you for clarifying.

After a review of the report and this appeal, I am rejecting the appeal.

What you claim was just a "technicality" and a "meme" that the victim "ran with" is identical in nature to scamming, the victim did not see it as a "meme", the reports admin did not see it as a "meme" and I am inclined to agree that this in no way looks like a joke or "meme".

Additional factors:
    • Wanting to be unbanned so you can use sites freely is NOT a reason to consider an appeal, for as has already been explained to you.
    • Time tagged is NOT a reason to consider an appeal.
    • Amount of trades you claim to have completed is not a factor in appeals.
    • The fact that you did not take anything from the victim is irrelevant, the reason you were unsuccessful in your scam attempt was not because of anything you did but because the victim knew you were trying to scam them..
    • I do not find that you have shown a genuine change of heart, many people 'select' the "[change of heart] I will never scam again" appeal reason who otherwise have shown no indication that they have changed. In fact, in your opening post, you never mention any other reason why you appealed, you only said that this mark was impacting your use of certain websites. If it were not just that, you would have said it then and not after I brought it up.
    Given the fact that you blame this tag on a "technicality" and a "meme', I find that this tag absolutely stands, and that the community has a right to know what you attempted all those years ago.

Also related, since you did not/were unable to provide any evidence that the user tried to "lowball" you (which, if you care, would not ever make it OK for you to scam them and would not help your chances at an appeal), I have no choice but to rely on the evidence in the report.

As such, this appeal is thus Rejected.

Regards.

Edit: Aug 11 2017- June 2023 = not even 6 years, no possible way you were 15 then and are now 23 (8 years)
    Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative).**