1. SteamRep is shutting down at the end of 2024. See announcement.

Archived Appeal: 76561198192499537 - (OoOoOoOoO / BANNED BY SR)

Discussion in 'Archived Appeals' started by Calvilix, Feb 10, 2023.

1. Calvilix

Calvilix Banned on SteamRep

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:116116904
    Appeal for BANNED BY SR

Steam profile: 76561198192499537 (OoOoOoOoO)

Appeal Plea: I commited the offense(s), but it was minor or I disagree with SteamRep policy
    Appeal Reason: [Accounts] Hijacked - My account was abused by hijacker
    Victim Repayment: No, I committed no fraud or had no direct victims
    Previous Appeals: Yes, I appealed here before and it was denied.

Alternate or Related Accounts:
    None​

Appeal description:
    I made a case last year providing evidence that my account was hijacked and emails between myself and Steam recovering my account. I've shown evidence that all my items were taken from me and were never returned. My account has not received any game bans, or even trade bans even though I was convicted of such on SteamRep, I did trade on TF2 a while after but ultimately quit as I was distraught after losing my whole inventory worth of items, including two unusual from steam gift cards the previous birthday when I turned 14. I am not trying to get back into trading as I've quit years ago, however, I would like to appeal my case as I am not guilty, never was, and I've never scammed anyone, not even for a small item. I do admit I fell for a ridiculous offer that was too good to be true, and that's on me, I got my account hijacked, and I have emails with Valve about this. I am sure I provided evidence a while back but I can't remember, but if needed will provide it again.

I would like to also include that my steam account was under my Dad's email address at the time, and unfairly my brother, was also banned, he is still active and logs into his account regularly on Steam. After communications with Steam, I changed my account from that email to my old one (still have access to it), and can provide evidence if needed. My friend at the time Jmats tried to appeal for me and was denied even though he sent the report and was denied after we worked out the situation, which isn't fair.

I literally have nothing to gain from this, my inventory is pretty empty of tradable or high-value items. I want to understand why I was punished so heavily, having my items robbed from me, and then getting banned on SteamRep directly after, which wasn't fair. I was a dumb kid that fell for a scam and I'd admit that is all my fault. I am willing to co-operate, please.​
  2. You Are The One

You Are The One SteamRep Admin

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:41038663