1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Rejected Appeal: 76561198194021410 - (homic1d3 / BANNED BY SR)

Discussion in 'Archived Appeals' started by At Least I Can Bhop, Sep 22, 2016.

1. At Least I Can Bhop

At Least I Can Bhop Banned on SteamRep

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:116877841
    Appeal for BANNED BY SR

Steam profile: 76561198194021410 (homic1d3)

Appeal Plea: I am innocent of all listed offenses
    Appeal Reason: [Process] Mistake - Admin misunderstood evidence or made a mistake
    Victim Repayment: No, I committed no fraud or had no direct victims
    Previous Appeals: No, this is my first appeal here

Alternate Accounts:
    I have no alternate steam accounts, as listed on my profile. Never have felt the need to have more than 1 steam account.​

Appeal description:
    In this case the victim was manipulated by a scammer who was not me, but http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198263118573 After looking through the threads and screenshots I can see that he used 2 accounts to create a highly sophisticated scam; changing his name to mine at the time and tricking the user into thinking he was talking to me. The user did in fact have me added for the purpose of me buying his knife, but I would never expect someone to go first with a $300 knife especially when I had no real cashrep threads.

I have since added the real scammer (Mr Robot http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198263118573) and I have begged him to confess to what he did and he has agreed to post on this thread if allowed and admit to all wrongdoings.

Please take time in looking over this case since I was unfairly banned and I want to get back into trading now but it is impossible because of my ban on steamrep :(
  2. Mr. Robot 2

Mr. Robot 2 New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:151426422
    Just write: I do admit to changing my name in order to use homic1d3's good looking profile in order to scam a Karambit Night MW. It was not him that commited this offence and I am coming clean now since I feel bad for throwing him under the bus like that.
  3. At Least I Can Bhop

At Least I Can Bhop Banned on SteamRep

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:116877841
    Mr Robot has posted a statement of what actually happened as can be seen above. I appreciate you coming clean.

SR Admins could you please take a look at the full situation, the "proof" in the report of me is inconclusive and does not warrant a ban.
  4. You Are The One

You Are The One SteamRep Admin

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:41038663
    1. Do you have additional steam accounts? if so, you MUST disclose them.
    2. How did you convince "Mr Robot" to accept your invite and confess in your appeal for you?
    3. Did you know Mr Robot prior to adding him and getting him to vouch for you?
    4. Do you have any connections to "Mr Robots" scamming?
    5. Do you have your own screenshots of any of the conversations to submit yourself?
    6. Are the screenshots in the report accurate?

Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative).**
  5. You Are The One

Steam:
    An additional two weeks to followup.
  6. You Are The One

Steam:
    After a review, I do not see any error, mistake or misunderstanding by the report admin in your tagging as you selected for your appeal reason. The known evidence supports the tagging.

Appeal denied.

Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative).**