1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Rejected Appeal: 76561198196167305 - (Borisy_Chicken / BANNED BY SR)

Discussion in 'Archived Appeals' started by Borisy_Chicken, Feb 21, 2017.

1. Borisy_Chicken

Borisy_Chicken Banned on SteamRep

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:117950788
    Appeal for BANNED BY SR

Steam profile: 76561198196167305 (Borisy_Chicken)

Appeal Plea: I committed the offense(s), I admit it
    Appeal Reason: [Change of Heart] I will never scam again.
    Victim Repayment: No, I committed no fraud or had no direct victims
    Previous Appeals: No, this is my first appeal here

Alternate Accounts:

Appeal description:
    Yes on my steam rep profile there is a listed offense. With evidence. But the attempt was not successful and my intent was not to steal the individuals items. But rather show my friend how easy it is to get scammed because he was new to steam. I don't have any pictures or screenshots of the chat with my friend because I was at his house when this happened. But I assure you that the intent was not to take his items because I have been scammed about three or four times and I would not wish that feeling of losing items into anyone. That feeling when you lose your items to
    Someone then get blocked is just horrible. But I am tired of people judging me in trading because of this one offense where the intent was not to steal. Most of the time when I am trying to trade with someone or I add someone they look at my steam rep reputation and instantly assume that I am trying to scam them. Which is not the case. I hope to get unbanned from steamrep and maybe get a better reputation on this site in the future. I will never attempt something like this again. Thank you for reviewing this case. :)
  2. You Are The One

You Are The One SteamRep Admin

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:41038663
    Does not matter if it was successful or not, its a counter offer scam, and you are saying this was just an "demonstration" but concede you have nothing to back up that claim. Do you have anything else to add?
  3. Borisy_Chicken

Borisy_Chicken Banned on SteamRep

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:117950788
    I know how it looks im sorry i cannot provide any evidence of this. But if you look at the report he says that a person offered a bad skin for his good one and that he was on my friends list. That is the person that I was with in this. Thats pretty much all of the "evidence" I can provide.
  4. You Are The One

You Are The One SteamRep Admin

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:41038663
    Due to lack of additional context by you, I only have the report itself to go off of. The report indicates a scam attempt, nothing about it can be viewed as some sort of demonstration, something that a video or screenshots by you may support, (if you had any). You said you purchased the knife, clearly you did not, I assume if you offered the user a screenshot, you had one already lined up/ready to doctor, this statement indicates it was premeditate. Based on these factors, I dont believe your version of events nor did you provide anything to back it up. Appeal denied.