1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Accepted Appeal: 76561198214983337 - ([OPSKINS] Bot #0086 / BANNED BY SR)

Discussion in 'Archived Appeals' started by rannmann, Apr 3, 2017.

1. rannmann

rannmann Firepowered Admin Partner Community

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:12745439
    Appeal for BANNED BY SR

Steam profile: 76561198214983337 ([OPSKINS] Bot #0086)

Appeal Plea: I am innocent of all listed offenses
    Appeal Reason: [Process] Mistake - Admin misunderstood evidence or made a mistake
    Victim Repayment: No, I committed no fraud or had no direct victims
    Previous Appeals: No, this is my first appeal here

Alternate Accounts:

Appeal description:
    This account is an official OPSkins bot as evidenced by its membership status in the following group: https://steamcommunity.com/groups/opskins-bots

Note that the account moderators in this group are also in the official OPSkins staff group: https://steamcommunity.com/groups/opskins-staff

The screenshot provided in the evidence of the original ban show two bots attempting to trade the user. One is the real OPSkins bot, and the other isn't. The user is correct when pointing out in the screenshot that bot #86 is fake, however he provided the wrong link to the profile of the fake bot, and instead linked to one of our official bots that was not involved.

I suggest reaching out to the user to have him provide the correct link.​
  2. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    It would appear when doing a search for the ID - the user added a (2) at the end - thus defaulting to this profile (trick they use sometimes).
    I'll revert the change and let the appeals admin complete the appeal.

Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative, Moderating).**
  3. You Are The One

You Are The One SteamRep Admin

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:41038663
    Please add me on steam.
  4. rannmann

rannmann Firepowered Admin Partner Community

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:12745439
    Invite sent. Steam doesn't run on my workstation (mmmm... CentOS), but I'm available between 6-7pm pacific usually. Feel free to leave a message and I'll get back to you ASAP.