1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Pending Appeal: 76561198219244673 - (John / BANNED BY SR)

Discussion in 'SR Appeals' started by John 12, Apr 17, 2023.

1. John 12

John 12 Banned on SteamRep

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:129489472
    Appeal for BANNED BY SR

Steam profile: 76561198219244673 (John)

Appeal Plea: I committed some of the listed offenses, but not all of them
    Appeal Reason: [Evidence] Missing - Evidence is missing or not enough
    Victim Repayment: No, I committed no fraud or had no direct victims
    Previous Appeals: No, this is my first appeal here

Alternate or Related Accounts:
    None, I do have a roomate who does play csgo quite often too: https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198207384228

Appeal description:
    I used to collect high-value skins, at the time I believe I had an inventory totaling around 20K USD. At the time back in 2017 I used to invest heavily in csgo and have never had any scamming incidents prior. I have never scammed anyone to this day and outside of this accusation, I have had no issues. I can provide pictures and proof of my trading history where I owned various dlores/medusas/howls before liquidating them for btc/eth. Now what the supposed victim has claimed is that due to me wanting to receive an item first before paying them, I was trying to scam them. This is a completely reasonable demand to make when paying cash for in-game items. The supposed victim then offered to use a middleman which was his own friend, not any middleman recognized by any third-party websites which to me seemed even more sketchy than anything therefore I refused to do any dealings with him before I received a trade offer for the knife. He also proceeded to send me phishing links which he clearly decided to crop out of screenshots as it shows he did not post the full logs. He made it very clear he was not interested in doing the item first so the deal was off and I never thought anything of it. I moved on to buying skins from other people on the OG lounge servers. I now want to get back into cs and try to appraise certain skins but I am unable to due to the stain on my account from an accusation that bore no fruit. I have dealt in numerous trades and it is completely within reason that traders would either take money first or items first. Personally, when trading with someone who tried to use a friend as a middleman in a time when middleman scams were prevalent, I would never send money or items first. The other convenient situational factor that was left out is that if my memory is correct, this user had an inventory of sub 1k$ therefore I felt that I was more at risk than he was when making transactions. All of this to say, I stand by the fact that I was accused of scamming due to a trading preference which is completely acceptable. Also to conclude on a final point, he claimed that I was making up some sort of 15-day trade ban, however at the time I was in a bit of a fix due to being trade banned for 15 days when you do not add money directly to the market after some time. I mentioned it at the time as it was a blanket of protection for him. When there is a 15-day trade hold both users are able to cancel the trade if I recall at any time, therefore what I proposed was that if he was willing to send the offer I would immediately send him the money which he turned down and then we quit negotiations. View attachment 806900 View attachment 806901 View attachment 806902 View attachment 806903 View attachment 806904 View attachment 806905 View attachment 806906 View attachment 806907 View attachment 806908 View attachment 806909

Attached Files:

2. Roudydogg1

Roudydogg1 SteamRep Admin Friend Community

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:58227918
    Hello,
    You need to detail your interaction with the user and be as specific as you can, since it's a bit unclear what you're claiming here.
    If you are claiming that the reporter submitted false/doctored evidence, you must provide your own proof of it.
    Additionally, https://forums.steamrep.com/threads/appeal-guide.66354/#post-365903 #7 & #8
  3. John 12

Steam:
    I'm not claiming they provided doctored evidence, however, as the person who initially banned me said, they submitted cropped chat logs. It is not the full conversation. You are also suggesting that I find chat conversations from roughly 7 years ago, it would not be possible. The point I need to get through is that I'm being branded a scammer for having a preference for not going first with someone who tried using a middleman that's his own close friend. Is that not a reasonable suspicion to not trust someone? As I said I wanted to buy their knife from them for cash, but they did not want to send the item first and I did not want to send cash first. The interaction ended and that was it. I was willing to try to work out a deal until the point they mentioned their friend as a middleman, which was a prevalent scam at the time, anyone who played csgo back then would know. The way I was banned from steam rep makes me question whether If I placed a report on this user would he not gotten banned for trying to middle man me using his friend???? I feel that's the actual sketchiest thing from the convo.
  4. Roudydogg1

SteamRep Admin:
  5. John 12

Steam:
  6. Roudydogg1

SteamRep Admin:
    And what about the appeals section about alt accounts?
  7. John 12

Steam:
    I do not own any "Alt accounts" or even secondary accounts. As mentioned I room with my best friend we're dormmates at university. He's the reason I am mainly trying to get this Steam rep ban removed us sharing the same wifi for the next 3 years has resulted in him getting banned off sites for being IP affiliated with me.
  8. Roudydogg1

SteamRep Admin:
    Just your dorm mate? And it's his own account, not yours?
    Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative).**
  9. John 12

Steam:
    Yeah sorry for the late answer I had finals. He has no problem proving it's his own account we can hop on calls, video calls, or whatever you want.
  10. John 12

Steam:
    Sorry for the double message, don't mean any disrespect, wanted to know if anything was missing, haven't gotten an answer in a minute.
  11. Roudydogg1

SteamRep Admin:
    Appears you didn't read the appeal tips already linked to you if you're bumping your thread.
  12. John 12

Steam:
    My apologies, I didn't mean to "bump" my thread, it's just that you have said I needed to comply with #8, and I am still unsure if I haven't done so. I understood you were waiting on me to make amendments so I apologize for that. Thanks for your consideration.
  13. Roudydogg1

SteamRep Admin:
    Thread locked for continued bumping & until appeal is processed
  14. You Are The One

You Are The One SteamRep Admin

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:41038663
    unlocked per request