1. SteamRep is shutting down at the end of 2024. See announcement.

Rejected Appeal: 76561198250648744 - ([L]ord [F]enix / BANNED BY SR)

Discussion in 'Archived Appeals' started by ☆☆LordFenixHD☆☆ | YT, Nov 10, 2023.

1. ☆☆LordFenixHD☆☆ | YT

☆☆LordFenixHD☆☆ | YT Banned on SteamRep

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:145191508
    Appeal for BANNED BY SR

Steam profile: 76561198250648744 ([L]ord [F]enix)

Appeal Plea: I committed the offense(s), I admit it
    Appeal Reason: [Change of Heart] I will never scam again.
    Victim Repayment: No, I committed no fraud or had no direct victims
    Previous Appeals: No, this is my first appeal here

Alternate or Related Accounts:
    I only have one alternative steam account that i only used to play sometimes:
    | steamname: ☆☆Xinguilingui☆☆
    | steam3ID: [U:1:249017573]
    | steamID32: STEAM_0:1:124508786
    | steamID64: https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198209283301
    | customURL:
    | steamrep: https://steamrep.com/profiles/76561198209283301

Appeal description:
    Good afternoon, my name is Manuel and I'm 20 years old. Recently i was warned by one of my friends that i was banned on Steam-Rep so i checked it yesterday and that's why im writting today.

In 2017, when i was 14 years old, a person that i knew at the time ( i will call it Mike, just to be easier to type it here) asked me if i could help him to steal someone´s items in csgo. I was a naive kid and i really did some actions that i truly regret.

As far as i can remember, since it happened 6 years ago, "Mike" used his steam account to pretend to be an Opskins Trade-Bot, while i was the one trying to "buy" the victim´s item.
    The victim was someone that i had in my friend list at the time, i contacted him giving a fake reason to make the situation somehow believable for the victim. I talked with him for a couple of time and tried to make it as real as possible while "Mike" was preparing the scenario. After all the chat and trying to convince him that it was safe, "Mike" sent the offer.

Fortunately the victim knew it was a scam and declined and reported it to SteamRep.

For the past few years since this happened i gained maturity and i have grown as a person, i was looking back at the thread about this incident and it's surprising to see that i was once something that i really hate. 6 years have passed and a lot of the person that i was changed for the best, including my respect for the others.

As far as i can remember as well, this was the only time that i tried to scam anyone.
    Thanks for your time,
    Manuel Campos​
  2. You Are The One

You Are The One SteamRep Admin

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:41038663
    The scam is too advanced in nature to consider an appeal for and was clearly premeditated including using a dedicated account to impersonate a trade bot. You had plenty of time to rethink your actions before going forward with it. Additionally, your story does not match the report, the chat logs do not indicate you were just a secondary user in the scam attempt, they show you being the primary perpetrator of the scam.

The appeal is denied.