1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Accepted Appeal: 76561198264098935 - (@MtBcsgo / BANNED BY SR)

Discussion in 'Archived Appeals' started by @MtBcsgo, Feb 13, 2018.

1. @MtBcsgo

@MtBcsgo Caution on SteamRep

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:151916603
    Appeal for BANNED BY SR

Steam profile: 76561198264098935 (@MtBcsgo)

Appeal Plea: I commited the offense(s), but it was minor or I disagree with SteamRep policy
    Appeal Reason: [Other] Another reason (Not commonly accepted)
    Victim Repayment: No, I committed no fraud or had no direct victims
    Previous Appeals: No, this is my first appeal here

Alternate Accounts:
    http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198293022505
    This is my brothers account, i sometimes play community servers and MM with lower ranked mates​

Appeal description:
    This is where i was banned from steamrep https://forums.steamrep.com/threads...counter-strike-global-offensive-items.135235/

Hi, my name is Michael / MtB
    i was recently banned from SteamRep for [Money] Other cash fraud (webmoney, bitcoin, etc)
    I copied a recent refund and pasted it as my own, honeslty i thought i was kinda friends with the guy and we would just laugh about it and he would say 'nice try' or similar, even though we were only steam friends. i was very young at the time and 100% admit what i did is wrong.
    I feel as this was 2-3 years ago that i should be looked into at this present time, i consider myself an honest person and feel that i have matured heavily over the past few years.
    No matter the outcome, i'm sorry to the victim of this, as i didn't know it would come this far.
    Thank you for taking your time to read this.​
  2. You Are The One

You Are The One SteamRep Admin

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:41038663
    At first look, pending no further issues, I dont see this ending with a full banned tag, for now, I am reducing to a caution.
    Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative).**
  3. @MtBcsgo

Steam:
    Thanks mate, is this still in review, because in my personal opinion (not that it counts ) I deserve to be unbanned.
    Thanks for taking your time to look into this
  4. You Are The One

Steam:
    You are right that your personal opinion does not matter.
  5. @MtBcsgo

Steam:
    Is this appeal still being looked at?
  6. @MtBcsgo

Steam:
    Hey, its been over a year in pending and 3 years since the incident took place. Sorry to bother anyone but could this appeal be finalised because its been pending for a while
  7. You Are The One

Steam:
    What you did was a scam and the only reason it was reduced was because it was borderline a "site/service" and user dispute, something that we would not look into and therefor a banned tag is not warranted. Your intent to defraud was clear and I have doubt about how sincere you are over the incident and how you pass it off as a joke, I wholly think, at minimum, a caution is warranted and no further reduction warranted.

After a review of the report and this appeal, I decided to leave the tag as-is with a reduced to caution.