1. SteamRep is shutting down at the end of 2024. See announcement.

Archived Appeal: 76561198271980639 - (Grankler / BANNED BY SR)

Discussion in 'Archived Appeals' started by booty juice, Mar 9, 2021.

1. booty juice

booty juice Banned on SteamRep

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:155857455
    Appeal for BANNED BY SR

Steam profile: 76561198271980639 (Grankler)

Appeal Plea: I am innocent of all listed offenses
    Appeal Reason: [Evidence] Missing - Evidence is missing or not enough
    Victim Repayment: No, I committed no fraud or had no direct victims
    Previous Appeals: Yes, I appealed here before and it was denied.

Alternate or Related Accounts:
    No alternative accounts​

Appeal description:
    Almost 3 years ago, my steam account was, as I feel, wrongfully convicted and SteamRep banned. There are discrepancies between the report(1) which, the victim ironically was trade banned .My intent with this appeal is to question the credibility of the “victim”, and clear my name, as I don't want the misjudgment of my younger, and immature past to define my account.

To unfold the situation, 3 years ago I was trying to trade my M9 Bayonet Crimson web MW, which was around $1400 at the time. 3 years ago, 2017-2018 was around the time where the infamous csgolounge was in its heyday, absolutely ridden with scammers. The victim, initially posted on csgolounge post, to trade his bayonet emerald, for my M9. I was 17 at the time, and didn't understand the concept of “it sounds too good to be true, it's probably not real” and went to his steam profile to send a trade offer. On his profile, he had a bayonet emerald on the showcase, and in his inventory, and the description of the profile held a trade offer link. However when I went to initiate the trade, I noticed that he didn’t have an emerald in his inventory, only a bayonet gamma doppler phase 3, which looks much alike on the inventory preview, but is vastly different in price. Unfortunately, I have no proof to show that he was doing this scam with 2 accounts with 2 separate accounts, as one has been deleted, and the other private inventory and trade banned. However, the first provided proof offered by the scammer in the report(3) shows that he did, infact own a bayonet gamma doppler phase 3.

For my second stance of innocence, I would like to point attention towards my account with the previously mentioned steam offer(2). I sent this offer after I saw that he tried to scam people with a bait and switch of items, my nothing for his bayonet gamma doppler. In retrospect, I should have gone about trying to demonstrate my frustrations towards his scam attempt in a different way. However, I felt as no repercussions would happen as, well, my name was “booty juice” and my steam profile picture was of a dapper black man, with the words “booty juice” as the picture, I didn’t try to disguise myself, I just wrote up something similar to what scam bots would say in scam offers that i would get daily. There was also no transfer of any items between me and the victim.

I believe that I was wrongfully banned, I've still been active in the CS:GO skins scene despite this ban, and have yet to garner any reports or any steam issue bans in the 3 years. I was young, and made an honest mistake, and only sent the reporter the joke of an offer because I knew that he was an actual scammer, I had no intention of deceiving a user that I was a steam official that needed to check items. If you have any additional questions for me I would love to answer them.​

Attached Files:

• ev1.jpg
      ev1.jpg
      File size:
      601.3 KB
      Views:
    • ev2.png
      ev2.png
      File size:
      220.2 KB
      Views:
  2. You Are The One

You Are The One SteamRep Admin

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:41038663
    Already appealed and denied, further appeal attempts may result in loss of posting privileges in the appeal section.

Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative).**