1. SteamRep is shutting down at the end of 2024. See announcement.

Rejected Appeal: 76561198272871571 - (Lethese / BANNED BY SR)

Discussion in 'Archived Appeals' started by Lethese, Aug 17, 2023.

1. Lethese

Lethese Banned on SteamRep

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:156302921
    Appeal for BANNED BY SR

Steam profile: 76561198272871571 (Lethese)

Appeal Plea: I committed the offense(s), I admit it
    Appeal Reason: [Other] Another reason (Not commonly accepted)
    Victim Repayment: No, I committed no fraud or had no direct victims
    Previous Appeals: No, this is my first appeal here

Alternate or Related Accounts:

Appeal description:
    It was the year 2017 Mar 20 and the young me just traded my flip knife doppler factory new for some Dota 2 item that was a lot more expensive than this knife and I was so happy that I had 2x my money. I don't play Dota 2 so I didn't know what is that item but it was 2x more on the Steam market than the knife so I accepted the trade and was looking to trade it for a similar price knife in cs:go. At that time I didn't know yet that I was scammed so I started looking for someone to trade I send some trade offers all declined and then a few days later learned that the item is worthless so I gave it away for free to a friend that was playing Dota 2.

I didn't mean to try to scam anyone I just didn't know that the item was worthless so I just gave it away for free to a friend

I didn't scam anyone nor I had any intention to do so.
    Im also uploading 2 screenshots from my trade history and the profile of that guy that traded me a Dota 2 item (He is already trade banned by Steam)

The other account that is involved is my friend that was helping me to find some guys to trade with. He also didn't know that this Dota 2 item is worthless.

I'm not sure what option to pick
    Thanks for reading this and sorry for my English :)

Attached Files:

2. Lethese

Steam:
    The "I'm not sure what option to pick" I was referring to "Appeal Plea" options
  3. You Are The One

You Are The One SteamRep Admin

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:41038663
    None of what you said matches with what your "friend" said in his appeal. Further, reading the report myself, its a classic glimmer drop scam and cannot be interpreted any other way. Do you have anything else to add?
  4. Lethese

Steam:
    I did not scam anyone no one got scamed but me by the user https://steamcommunity.com/id/monkeyrfh1 for that flip knife doppler. I didnt know that this item was worthless when i wanted to trade with this guy . I didn't want to sacam anyone and never will. When i found out that I was scamed and the item is worthles i just give the item to a friend that play dota 2.
    It was never my intention to scam any one, Is there anything i can send or do to prove my innocence?
  5. You Are The One

You Are The One SteamRep Admin

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:41038663
    Except you said 120 euro, the same price as your friend, and since the rest of the report is a textbook glimmer drop scam and you are denying what you did, the appeal is denied. You take no responsibility. No CoH. Evidence is more than sufficient.