1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Rejected Appeal: 76561198297119443 - (Hermit / BANNED BY SR)

Discussion in 'Archived Appeals' started by Hermit1, Oct 19, 2017.

1. Hermit1

Hermit1 Banned on SteamRep

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:168426857
    Appeal for BANNED BY SR

Steam profile: 76561198297119443 (Hermit)

Appeal Plea: I am innocent of all listed offenses
    Appeal Reason: [Evidence] Missing - Evidence is missing or not enough
    Victim Repayment: No, I committed no fraud or had no direct victims
    Previous Appeals: No, this is my first appeal here

Alternate Accounts:

Appeal description:
    In my defense against the accuser. He uploaded multiple screenshots of edited pictures. The screenshots were even confirmed to be edited by user https://forums.steamrep.com/members/ЩĄ-horse.18/ on the report post (quote) "We do not accept edited screenshots - you need to provide unedited versions of the chat making sure date/time stamps are shown.
    It is VERY difficult to accept browser screenshots of the chat too - prefer steam chat box/full screens." To get around this the accuser uploaded screenshots from a mobile device, with false accusations. In my belief there is not enough/false evidence, especially when the accuser used edited screenshots from a mobile device, the mobile device does not include enough evidence to give out bans.
    Thank-you.​
  2. You Are The One

You Are The One SteamRep Admin

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:41038663
    I dont understand what you are appealing, you are just throwing out a blanket claim of "not enough/false evidence" but failed to explain anything or say what specifically you think is fake.
  3. Hermit1

Steam:
    I'm appealing his lack of evidence and use of false evidence,

• When taking screenshots, please capture the entire desktop view, we ask this because it provides additional information that we otherwise may not see. Do NOT crop your screenshots.
    • When submitting Steam support tickets, please do so in English. This setting can be changed by logging in to your support account and in the upper right of the webpage select English from the language drop down list.
    • We will never ask you for your steam account name, this is your private information and should not be visible in any of your screenshots. It is recommended you cover it up with your friends list or a chat box.
    • All chats you have with steam users should be done ONLY WITH STEAM CHAT, we may not accept other chat methods because we cannot link 3rd party chat services to a specific steam user. Make sure to screenshot the full chat!
    • Any screenshots that can be taken within the steam client itself, as opposed to steam mobile or browser, is preferred.

Since mobile device screenshots provide almost no contextual evidence and is easy to edit that is how he was able to accuse me so easily, if it was true he would have just uploaded regular desktop screenshots, but he couldn't because he edits the text + screenshots.
    Thankyou.
  4. You Are The One

Steam:
    Once again, you did not mention anything specific you are claiming as false.
  5. Hermit1

Steam:
    He portrayed me as impersonating someone by manipulating the mobile +browser screenshots,(why did he not just upload screenshots from the steam client) if I had taken screenshots of our actual conversation i would upload them here but the chat logs don't save... He also uploaded like 25 other screenshots of me just asking him to remove the -rep on my page which has nothing to do with scamming anybody because I never did. There just isn't enough real evidence to get me banned. I'm literally being set up by this guy and its pissing me off.
  6. Hermit1

Steam:
  7. You Are The One

Steam:
    Last time I ask you to be specific or ill process the appeal as-is.
  8. Hermit1

Steam:
    He edits me saying i have 183 rep, he edits the link of my profile, he even edited "this user has also played as" i uploaded a screenshot to show all my previous names...
    anything else?
  9. Hermit1

Steam:
  10. You Are The One

Steam:
    After a thorough review, I did not find that the reporter submitted fake evidence as you claimed. Do you have anything else you wanted to add?
  11. You Are The One

Steam:
    I sent one last steam invite out to you for followup before concluding the appeal, please accept.
    Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative).**
  12. You Are The One

Steam:
    You have declined my steam invite and prevented me by either blocking or disabling your profile comments so Ill take that as an affirmative you saw my comment/invite and chose not to add/discuss the case with me further.

After a review, as already noted, I did not find the evidence in the report to be faked and I find you did indeed impersonated multiple times and even after submission of this appeal, the only one who submitted false evidence of name history was you.

Firmly denied.

Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative).**