1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Rejected Appeal: 76561198300053719 - (IMS212 / BANNED BY SR)

Discussion in 'Archived Appeals' started by IMS212, Sep 3, 2018.

1. IMS212

IMS212 Banned on SteamRep

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:169893995
    Appeal for BANNED BY SR

Steam profile: 76561198300053719 (IMS212)

Appeal Plea: I am innocent of all listed offenses
    Appeal Reason: [Accounts] Friend/Family - My account was abused by a family member or friend
    Victim Repayment: No, I committed no fraud or had no direct victims
    Previous Appeals: No, this is my first appeal here

Alternate Accounts:

Appeal description:
    My brother (known as EdgyBoy666) hacked into my account when he got banned temporarily, and continued his scamming there. This is not an alt( a verified steam account) and I still play TF2 with him at the same time. I have items, have not changed my name, and have a big playtime. I even have a fair amount of achievements. Below is the trade that got me banned after he was banned. View attachment 674870

Attached Files:

2. IMS212

IMS212 Banned on SteamRep

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:169893995
    Also, if you noticed this account is older than the other, and got verified before the other.
  3. Lava

Lava Public Relations SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:46187366
    You are responsible for your account, and what happens from it. If your account were stolen over the internet, it might be possible, but there is no way to prove or disprove who was physically sitting at your computer at the time your account was used to scam. Putting aside the likelihood of your being honest about this, if we granted appeals for accounts being misused by siblings on your computer, then every scammer ever would be able to blame it on made-up siblings or friends as an excuse to always be excused for their scams.

Therefore, if your brother shares your account from your computer, we consider you a de facto alt of his, regardless of whether or not he exists. I'm sorry, we cannot consider your appeal.