1. SteamRep is shutting down at the end of 2024. See announcement.

Rejected Appeal: 76561198301655287 - (Banter / BANNED BY SR)

Discussion in 'Archived Appeals' started by Banter 4, Apr 21, 2023.

1. Banter 4

Banter 4 Banned on SteamRep

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:170694779
    Appeal for BANNED BY SR

Steam profile: 76561198301655287 (Banter)

Appeal Plea: I am innocent of all listed offenses
    Appeal Reason: [Accounts] Hijacked - My account was abused by hijacker
    Victim Repayment: No, I committed no fraud or had no direct victims
    Previous Appeals: No, this is my first appeal here

Alternate or Related Accounts:
    I do not have any alternate or related accounts.​

Appeal description:
    Hello, I am looking to appeal this case which was news to me as I had never heard of nor known about steamrep until very recently when I unboxed a knife in CSGO and decided to want to start trading again. I had years prior (around the time I got hijacked and the hijacker used my account to scam) been an avid member of the csgo community and had just unboxed a pair of gloves which made me want to get into trading as well. However, I would soon realize back then that I had made a grave mistake when entrusting community members to play with. What happened was on the 19th of December, 2016, I was in a regular ranked matchmaking game on CSGO, and played with what appeared to be a 4 man team. I was the solo queue player and at the time 14 years old, young and gullible. We won our game and they asked me if I wanted to join them in some ESEA matchmaking, which I had never used before but knew was a more prestigious ranked matchmaking system. They told me that they had a cracked client which could be played and used for free without having purchased a membership or license to the ESEA client and I was so eager to play with them that I trusted them fully. Little did I know that this .exe file I downloaded was what I later found out to be a keylogging software of some kind which, once I ran as admin (as they instructed me to do), stole all my login information for steam and they very quickly were able to log in to my account whilst I was still logged in and traded away all my items and changed password and email. This was before steam guard on the phone was a thing and I had no form of 2FA enabled. I was scared, freaking out that I had just lost everything I had worked for and done, games, items, skins, everything. The day after I made a steam support ticket to regain access to my account and it took some time but on the 6th of January, 2017, I regained access. I was shocked to discover that I had a balance on my steam market account which I never put in before I was hijacked, and after looking in my transaction history I noticed that the hijackers had sold my gloves, and a gut knife doppler on the steam market along with some other skins I owned. I was heartbroken to see that the gloves I unboxed were sold for very cheap (I believe they were just using my account and money to open cases as there had been key and case purchases made as well) but I was equally confused as to why there was a gut knife doppler traded for and sold as well. This was never my item, I never unboxed nor bought this and I had just assumed that they traded it to that account using one of their own for some reason. Now, years later, I discover that they used my account to scam someone for this and I am even more furious than before because I had no knowledge of this at the time, and now that I want to get back into the game and community I am restricted by this punishment for a crime I couldn't and wouldn't have committed. I looked into another case similar to this one and noticed the requested items to upload to the appeal, so attached I have a screenshot of the support ticket I made the day after being hijacked (I conveniently made one the day I made the ticket to keep as proof in a folder on my pc named "steam account" to keep as much evidence as possible for steam support in case they needed to verify something like the computer I was playing the account on, hence the 17 minutes ago), my inventory history 2 weeks prior and 2 weeks after moment of hijacking, and I included the exact date which the hijacking occurred in my statement here (December 19th, 2016)

Please let me know if anything else is necessary, I will be patient in resolving this appeal.​

Attached Files:

2. You Are The One

You Are The One SteamRep Admin

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:41038663
    If you are claiming a hijacking, you need to provide 1. Inventory two weeks prior to two weeks after the time of the hijacking, its clear you have not provided everything, and it must be compliant with our screenshot policy at the top of the appeals section. 2. A steam support ticket indicating you were hijacked. The ticket you provided is incomplete and does not indicate a hijacking by Valve and must also follow screenshot policy. You have two weeks to provide the requested info.

Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative).**
  3. Banter 4

Steam:
    I am confused as to what you mean by the support ticket not being correct. I can get a better screenshot and upload it according to the steamrep policy but there is nothing in the policy section regarding proper support ticket uploads. Can you please elaborate?
  4. You Are The One

Steam:
    You did not submit the whole ticket. Also, as previously mentioned, its clear the trade/inventory history is not all inclusive for the asked for dates, If you decline to provide it, I can close your appeal for you, all these questions are standard questions for all hijacking claims.
  5. Banter 4

Steam:
    So when you ask for two weeks prior and two weeks after hijacking, do you mean the entire month period? As in, the hijacking occured on December 19th, 2016. You would require then screenshots of inventory history from December 5th, all up until January 2nd 2017, Correct? And as for the whole steam ticket I am confused as to what is missing, the response from steam support?
  6. You Are The One

Steam:
    Both already answered in the initial reply you received.
    Dec 4th would be two weeks prior and Jan 20th would be two weeks after your claimed hijacking date, inventory history must include all activity during that time.
    Without a complete support ticket submitted, you cannot make a claim of hijack, responses are used to evaluate the claims legitimacy.

You have the remainder of the two weeks.

Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative).**
  7. Banter 4

Steam:
    This reply will include full screenshots of the complete steam support ticket attached.

Attached Files:

8. Banter 4

Steam:
    The following replies will contain screenshots of inventory history from Dec 4th, 2016 throughout Jan 20th, 2017.

Attached Files:

9. Banter 4

Steam:
    Inventory history reply #2

Attached Files:

10. Banter 4

Steam:
    Final inventory history reply. Everything should be provided now in correct order and as asked per guidelines and your responses. Please let me know if anything is missing or such, thank you.

Attached Files:

11. You Are The One

Steam:
    Per policy, lying is grounds for an appeal to be instantly denied. Further, when its clear cut and blatant as this case, submission of false evidence just being one factor, I can decline to provide additional details to you so you and others like you, wont learn how to avoid detection. You can request an appeal review but we both know it wont go anywhere since you are lying anyhow. Additionally, any green tagged community admin can request to view our information on a case by case basis as well.

Regards.

Hidden Content: