1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Rejected Appeal: 76561198311150006 - (✪ tech / BANNED BY SR)

Discussion in 'Archived Appeals' started by s0n, May 26, 2023.

1. s0n

s0n Banned on SteamRep

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:175442139
    Appeal for BANNED BY SR

Steam profile: 76561198311150006 (✪ tech)

Appeal Plea: I committed the offense(s), I admit it
    Appeal Reason: [Change of Heart] I will never scam again.
    Victim Repayment: No, I committed no fraud or had no direct victims
    Previous Appeals: No, this is my first appeal here

Alternate or Related Accounts:
    No other steam accounts​

Appeal description:
    Hello, thank you for taking the time to read and hopefully appeal my ban. To start things off, this took place according to steamrep 2216 days ago, this was May 2nd of 2017. When looking at my actual ban it is embarrassing because I was quite younger at the time and immature not thinking people could just look up if steam came out with a new update lol. The truth is I did not have a job at the time, I wasnt even old enough to have a job. I loved playing csgo and had many hours in the game before I even starting caring about skins. Since this incident, I have not attempted a scam on any player. I stopped playing for quite some time and went to other games as well as consoles and nintendo switches instead of a pc. When I grew up more i got a job, 5 different ones actually, and started to only work and not play games. Then I got back into games a while later and started to actually care about the standing of my account. I would like to think I am a lot more mature now and I definitely see things through a different perspective than little me. This is my first time requesting an appeal atleast to my knowledge since the incident. I admit I tried the scam, I admit it was dumb and stupid, and no I have no intentions of trying to perform this scam or any other scam in the future. I am out of school now and have a full time job, if i want any skins i just get them myself with the money i earned. I dont trade often and when i do its either with friends i trust giving me a case or 2 to open on discord stream. Or a filler skin for a trade up.
    Looking forward to the follow up, if you need anything else from me just comment via steam profile or on here and i will see it.

✪ tech​
  2. Roudydogg1

Roudydogg1 SteamRep Admin Friend Community

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:58227918
    Hello,
    It's very hard to grant appeals for tags dealing with real world currency (steam wallet scams). The fact that you only want to be unbanned because of "the standing" of your account is very concerning.
  3. s0n

s0n Banned on SteamRep

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:175442139
    I dont mean to conflict but how is it bad i want my account to be in good standing?
    I havent had a single report submitted to me through this website or steam since the incident. yes it was steam wallet but it was over 2000 days ago.
    I have no intentions of scamming I just for one like to not be banned on anything whatever it may be, and two I know csgo float and some sites for skins wont let me use the site because of my ban
  4. Roudydogg1

Roudydogg1 SteamRep Admin Friend Community

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:58227918
    By policy, we are unable to grant appeals for real world currency offenses.
    Additionally, to answer your question, its not bad that you want your account to be in good standing.. it's bad that this is the only reason you are appealing here.. not because you're sorry at all for what you did, no apology, no taking responsibility.. you selected that you had a "change of heart" but said nothing that actually convinces me that you have done so. If the fact that the only reason you have had a change of heart is because you're banned on trading sites....then you haven't learned anything.

It only shows that you want to be unbanned because you got caught, and that it's now some sort of a personal inconvenience for you that some sites understandably don't want to associate with scammers.

As such, this appeal is thus Rejected.

Regards.