1. SteamRep is shutting down at the end of 2024. See announcement.

Rejected Appeal: 76561198317203066 - (Astrou cs.money / BANNED BY SR)

Discussion in 'Archived Appeals' started by Astrou, Mar 1, 2018.

1. Astrou

Astrou Banned on SteamRep

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:178468669
    Appeal for BANNED BY SR

Steam profile: 76561198317203066 (Astrou cs.money)

Appeal Plea: I am innocent of all listed offenses
    Appeal Reason: [Evidence] Fake - Report had falsified evidence
    Victim Repayment: No, I committed no fraud or had no direct victims
    Previous Appeals: No, this is my first appeal here

Alternate Accounts:
    None​

Appeal description:
    I contacted Joey (http://steamcommunity.com/id/honeygreentea) to sell my gloves and knife, to an agreed price of 485. I received the money however before I could accept his trade offer I saw that he had initiated a chargeback by claiming that he had made an unauthorized charge. I immediately ceased contact with him and blocked him. I was lucky enough that he hurriedly attempted to charge back before I could accept the trade offer. I can only assume he was angry that his scam attempt did not work out and sought revenge to get me steam rep banned. I have never attempted any sort of scam, and have never been able to conduct a successful paypal deal. Joey is the first of many scammers to have actually sent the money first, however I did not send my items because he initiated a chargeback. I would like to appeal this ban because being steam rep banned also does not allow me to connect to Alias servers in cs:go where I frequently go to trade. It's very frustrating when a scammer seeks to further hurt their victim when the outcome doesn't work in their favor. I hope that my appeal goes through. Thank you very much.​

Attached Files:

2. You Are The One

You Are The One SteamRep Admin

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:41038663
    Do you have proof you sent items or were going to send items? Provide emails of the payment/revoked payment. Why did you not trade when you were paid, I see at least a 15 minute gap. The appeal reason of "false evidence" is incorrect, you do not dispute what the user provided at all.
  3. You Are The One

You Are The One SteamRep Admin

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:41038663
    After a review of the report/taking into account the appeal, I am unable to consider this appeal.
    Failure to followup.
    Failure to provide any evidence in defense.

Appeal denied.