1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Rejected Appeal: 76561198341928008 - (Krissz / BANNED BY SR)

Discussion in 'Archived Appeals' started by Krissz, Apr 26, 2023.

1. Krissz

Krissz Banned on SteamRep

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:190831140
    Appeal for BANNED BY SR

Steam profile: 76561198341928008 (Krissz)

Appeal Plea: I committed the offense(s), I admit it
    Appeal Reason: [Change of Heart] I will never scam again.
    Victim Repayment: No, I committed no fraud or had no direct victims
    Previous Appeals: No, this is my first appeal here

Alternate or Related Accounts:
    I don't use other accounts.​

Appeal description:
    Hi.
    I got a steamrep ban 3 years ago for scam attempt. I don't know if it's possible but I'll give it a try. I didn't scam a single person. That was my only attempt and it wasn't successful. Since then I became friends with the guy. So my question would be: Is it possible to remove the ban in any way? I will never ever do such things again.​
  2. Roudydogg1

Roudydogg1 SteamRep Admin Friend Community

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:58227918
    Why?
  3. Krissz

Steam:
    I'm sorry? What why?
  4. Roudydogg1

SteamRep Admin:
    Why should we remove your ban?
  5. Krissz

Steam:
    My honest reason is that since I use steam quite a lot to play, I don't want to have a record like that. While I understand that it was my fault, I think it can be justified. This was my only ever attempt and more than three years have passed since then. I'm angry with myself that it happened, but now I can't do anything about it, I can only say that it won't happen again. I dare to ask this because the only person I tried to scam, ended up being completely positive about the whole thing and we talked a lot after that and still to this day.
  6. Roudydogg1

SteamRep Admin:
    Steam code scams are very hard to grant appeals for since they are what we call real world currency scams (scams dealing with/referencing some type of currency)...
  7. Krissz

Steam:
    I can totally understand that. However, I would like to ask if there is anything I could do? I would be happy to do anything, but I don't know what it could be. Unfortunately I can't say "I paid back" since I didn't scam him, so I don't know what could be a possible solution.
  8. Roudydogg1

SteamRep Admin:
    Sorry, there's nothing I can do. Per policy, we are unable to accept appeals dealing with real world currency scams (scams dealing with/referencing some type of currency). Additionally, not wanting such a record is not a reason to consider an appeal for and does not indicate change of heart. As such, this appeal is thus Rejected. I do hope that you truly have stopped scamming and never do it again.

Regards, and good luck.