1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Rejected Appeal: 76561199061327872 - (Jamie2k05 / BANNED BY SR)

Discussion in 'Archived Appeals' started by Jamie2k, Apr 26, 2022.

1. Jamie2k

Jamie2k Banned on SteamRep

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:550531072
    Appeal for BANNED BY SR

Steam profile: 76561199061327872 (Jamie2k05)

Appeal Plea: I am innocent of all listed offenses
    Appeal Reason: [Accounts] Friend/Family - My account was abused by a family member or friend
    Victim Repayment: No, I committed no fraud or had no direct victims
    Previous Appeals: No, this is my first appeal here

Alternate or Related Accounts:
    I do not have any alternate accounts but I am linked on steamer to my older brothers scam attempted account which is now flagging me in the community as a scammer.

Linked below is his account details:
    | steamname: d0nny
    | steam3ID: [U:1:301275238]
    | steamID32: STEAM_0:0:150637619
    | steamID64: https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198261540966
    | customURL: https://steamcommunity.com/id/d0nny_
    | steamrep: https://steamrep.com/profiles/76561198261540966

Appeal description:
    A while back my parents purchased pc parts for me to game as I have gained a big interest in counter strike since watching my older brother play online.

My brother had helped me build it and set it all up for me so it was all set and ready to play cs:go with him.

It’s been a few months now and I have started involving myself with trading, the community saying that steamrep is the best place to go to check if people were safe to trade with. One way I found this out is that a friend of mine called lemon had told me that I was actually banned even though I have such a new account.

On logging into steamrep, I noticed that my account was mistakenly associated with my brothers account, now making me look like some sort of alternate account that’s linked with him.

He does still play csgo from time to time as he is now abroad and in further education. I have spoken to him about why this has occurred, he was upfront to me and said it was a mistake he made when he was younger, that it was probably because we were friends with each other on steam, and that he is sorry that my account is having to be marked as related to being a scammer.

This looks bad on my part as I’m new to the gaming community and would hate to start the ball rolling with such a bad reputation for myself. He is able to confirm with you that this account is not related if that is possible with you guys in anyway as he still uses steam and plays cs:go himself.

hopefully this can get resolved. Thanks for your time.​
  2. b a b y

b a b y Banned on SteamRep

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:150637619
    (I did actually write a reply to this thread as my brother had asked me to but for some reason he told me it had disappeared. I will be saving my comments as a note just incase this happens again.)

As previously stated I had been contacted by my brother to ask if I could take a couple minutes to confirm the said matter.

I had set up a steam account which he could use when he begun his venture into online gaming when my mum and dad bought him the parts for his birthday so he could have his own gaming pc - it got a bit annoying how I had to share my one every now and then to let him play before they did so

I haven’t personally taken much notice of SR since I don’t play too often anymore now I’m at a football scholarship in turkey but it came to my attention when Jamie said he was banned on SR and that it was somehow linked to my steam account

He had his little read through both the banning and appeal for my account. I had to explain how it ain’t cool to steal skins, that it was just a stupid decision and that if he wants them to just get them the hard way - paying for them.

My appeal didn’t go through mainly because it was to do with real world currency, which is fair enough enough I’m okay with that, I’ve settled with it now I’ve matured up a bit

It’s just a shame that my brother has to get dragged in the dirt for my actions when I was a kid as I know for a fact it ruins his name with that little cloud hovering over him and to be completely real it’s unfair for him aswell

if there’s anything I’m able to help with further please stay in touch. I’m sure my brother will give me a shout if you do. d0nny.
  3. You Are The One

You Are The One SteamRep Admin

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:41038663
    The other account has already claimed this account is their alt in the previous accounts appeal. No mention at all that this account belongs to anyone else previously. This along with you acknowledging the account was helped set up by the other "user" seals this account as a defaco alt and no appeal will be afforded. Further, your account does not indicate a separate user and your appeal story itself is contradicted by the other account posting in it (both secondary issues but since appeal is being policy denied, no point in us looking further)

Firmly denied.

Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative).**