1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Appeal rejected after 5 years of waiting

Discussion in 'Discussion Archive' started by Flogron, Sep 18, 2019.

1. Flogron

Flogron Banned on SteamRep

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:50597309
    Hello,

I've got my appeal rejected after 5 years of waiting.

I don't have a problem with its rejection. To be honest i expected it.
    But reasons for my rejection are two things which are frustrating for me.

One which is true. That i lied about it being me. Which is fair. I did wrote a angry comment on my report when i've got the news about my ban. Which is entirely my fault. Thing is: I was much younger at the time(14 in fact) and i wanted to delete that comment day after but couldn't(reason why i never did wrote message to the admin).

But second is that i did "preparation". I did no such thing. I've picked first random guy with a fancy hat that i saw. I felt so horrible after that for even trying and never attempted such thing again.

I know that this won't change anything and to be quite honest. I don't know even why i care. Every site/server i cared for are long gone. Guess i was just too invested in my appeal, because of checking it for so long and often.

Point is, please get faster. People are seriously waiting here years for their responses. I know that you claim that you have no backlog, and i must say. Yes, you have not as long backlog as before. But! It's still quite long.

Yeah it's bit of a rant. But i mean no ill. You still do great job and helps players who are new to the trading scene. So don't take it personally.
  2. schmed

schmed r/globaloffensivetrade moderator Partner Community

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:52746850
    General Discussion FAQ #3 may help you out. In regards to the backlog, SteamRep is a bit limited by their number of volunteers. It is a lot harder to find qualified individuals than you may think.
  3. Flogron

Steam:
    Thank you for the tip,but i do know that it wouldn't make the difference. If it didn't got through the first time then i stand no chance the second time. Would be just wasting time of your team. It's change of the hearth appeal after all.

I do know about Steamrep volunteer situation caused by its extremely high requirments(Which are understandable. You don't want to make an error in these kind of things).

Still doesn't make the difference that waiting half of a decade to get response is absolutely unacceptable. I know that it's mainly problem in appeal section(Atleast that is what i was able to gather over the years) because nobody wants to do them. But that is error of itself.
  4. You Are The One

You Are The One SteamRep Admin

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:41038663
    In addition to General FAQ #3 as mentioned above....

Ill also give you a yearly update to your previous thread here https://forums.steamrep.com/threads/how-long-appeals-usually-take.184347/#post-483001

Pending appeals are at their lowest point since 2013, a 6 year low. We have made substantial progress this year so far and we are not close to being done, past year we have had a raw reduction of 17% in overall appeals. 580ish to 485ish (this is a RAW reduction including appeals submitted in that same timeframe) Actual processed cases would be markedly higher. Our appeal backlog based on the past few years is being worked on with vigor and markedly shrinking. Next year Ill let you do your own math tho.

Ref: https://forums.steamrep.com/threads...asign-to-resolve-the-case.184296/#post-482926
    Roudydogg1 likes this.
  5. a Gentleman

a Gentleman SteamRep Moderator Partner Community Donator - Tier V

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:25990581
    You've been around the forums long enough to know how General Discussion rules work. Please don't talk about your appeal in general discussions or you will receive a cooldown. This is your warning.
  6. Flogron

Steam:
    Yes. Of course i know that you are getting better at it(which you could have clearly see in my previous reply). Still some appeals are there for years which is just completely unaccaptable. I do understand that this is volunteer based operation, but it shouldn't take this many years to get to level which is it now,to begin with.

Cooldown is shallow warning. I do know the rules, but after this post what is the point for me, to post here again? But i bet you already know that. If you read my post.

I'm just angry that i even have a data here, and can't get rid of it aka because of this tag i can't have all my historical data deleted. It makes sense. But it is against law in my country, to not have that option. to begin with it. Other sites i had no problem to do this but here just complicatef with tag and all.
  7. a Gentleman

a Gentleman SteamRep Moderator Partner Community Donator - Tier V

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:25990581
    Upon threats or accusations of a legal nature, it's recommended procedure for our volunteers to cease further discussion on the topic without legal counsel. If you or your representative wishes to contact the organization to discuss this matter, please use the "Contact Us" link at the bottom of this forum or the contact form on the OFPF website.