1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Archived Appeal Review for 76561198047513071 (Swazzy)

Discussion in 'Archived Appeals' started by [RAF Mdc Cpl] Swazzy, Jun 2, 2020.

1. [RAF Mdc Cpl] Swazzy

[RAF Mdc Cpl] Swazzy Banned on SteamRep

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:43623671
    Appeal Review Request
    Reminder: Appeal reviews are not appeals!

Reason for Appeal Review: The appeals admin had a clear or documented conflict of interest when handling my case
    Past Appeal: https://forums.steamrep.com/threads/appeal-76561198047513071-swazzy-banned-by-sr.138125/

Steam profile: 76561198047513071 (Swazzy)

Make your case:
    Hello SteamRep admins and/or other staff,

I'm writing this as an appeal review request for my original appeal from 2016, which was my second one, as the first one was invalid for having an alternate account profile private, and not being able to make it public in time.

Notes: I was 13 when the I've attempted to scam Jared (the person who reported me, resulting in the SteamRep ban) - my grammar or the way I expressed my opinion and said the details about my scam attempt may have confused the admin(s) who reviewed and rejected my appeal. I'm almost 18 now, and I hope I can bring some clarity to what happened. I have not attempted and not have been involved in any fraudulent actions since, as I have learnt my lesson (not relevant for the review). I have not been active in the community much, so I have only now noticed the review option.

I believe I have a reason for an appeal review because:

- With no disrespect to the admin(s) or staff who reviewed my appeal, as well as the admin who had the final word and rejected it, I do believe it hasn't been thoroughly analyzed:

The admin who rejected the appeal (Teeny Tiny Cat) after almost 3 years, mentioned two reasons for which my appeal was rejected. These are:

1. Lack of sufficient evidence to overturn the original judgement
    2. Lying or other fraud during the report

1. - Explanation: Even though I respect their decision, I perceive that the first reason (lack of sufficient evidence to overturn the original judgement) is very unclear and does not hold any basis. Even if it might have been worded a little off, I have admitted to everything that resulted in the report, and I have described everything I've done or attempted to do to Jared (the victim of my scam attempt).

I provided both of my alternate accounts along with my main one (the one I am writing from). I cannot comprehend what the admin has concluded, as it's clear to me that there is no more evidence I could provide. I have admitted to everything and described much more than what was known and/or said in the report made by the victim. I have gone through the guidelines and other relevant information many times, and I cannot understand what else I could have provided as "evidence."

2. Lying or other fraud during the report - With no disrespect aimed towards the admin(s) who have had a say in the final judgement, since it is a little unclear to me (I do not know if you meant to say report or appeal), I have two things to mention about this reason:

First: If they are referring to the report that was made by the victim, with the upmost respect, I do not understand why this is a valid reason. I apologize, and I have apologized and admitted to the actions I have done, in the appeal. From what I can see, the only lie or fraud in the report which I have tried to reply with was "I have never encountered that account before," or something along those lines. I consider that I have directly admitted and apologized for that lie when I have linked my alternate account (along with my other two accounts) in the appeal, and when I stated in the appeal exactly how I tried to conduct the scam attempt with the account I tried lying about in the report, in the heat of the moment, immaturely. When the admin(s) who have had the final judgement rejected the appeal (after almost three years since the appeal was made), I believe I had explained everything beyond my possibility and, by providing the details and information about how the scam attempt was conducted with the account, I strongly believe I have admitted and pleaded guilty to the lie from the original report, and I think the reason should not be taken into consideration. I consider that the Appeal Plea: I committed the offense(s), I admit it along with the Appeal Reason: [Change of Heart] I will never scam again and the information I have provided above should make the "Lying or other fraud during the report" invalid, or at least deserves another analysis.

Second: If you are referring to lying or fraud during the appeal, it is clear to see that all I did was: I have admitted and apologized for everything that I have attempted on the victim of my scam attempt. There is not a single lie or fraud which I can identify in my appeal, and I have been 100% honest. If my grammar was misleading, I can attempt to explain what I meant word by word (probably not needed).

Updates since my appeal was rejected:

I have removed all of my friends on Steam sometime in 2018, after a breakdown. Even though I was friends with Jared (the victim of my scam attempt), I haven't been successful in finding him ever since.

P.S.: I do not know what to attach to this appeal review, and I haven't been successful in finding a guide on how to do so. I will add a screenshot of the final response on my appeal, as I have no instructions on what to add.

This is in no way, shape, or form a plea for another chance.

I am deeply confused, and I feel as I have not have been granted a fair judgement, and I have not been asked any other questions. I believe that the appeal was rejected on the basis of two reasons which I have tried my best to explain and ask about, as I think they were wrongly given as a decision.

Thank you for taking your time to read my appeal review request.

I ask you to analyze my appeal again and the points I've made above.

- Swazzy​

Attached Files:

2. You Are The One

You Are The One SteamRep Admin

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:41038663
    Appeal reviews are not appeals. You only get one appeal, and once denied you are out of options. Your case has already been decided. Appeal reviews are intended as an extra level of oversight in case of admin abuse/mishandling or extenuating circumstances. By design, very few appeal reviews will be honored. You cannot request any additional appeal reviews after this one.
    Using the appeal review process to request a second chance or because you don't like the admin's decision will automatically result in your review being denied. So far, you simply disagree with the appeal admins decision and did not reference any basis for the review.

Choose 1 of these reasons for requesting an appeal review. You will only have 1 chance to make your case, and you must back up whichever option you choose, so choose carefully.

Example of new evidence: Reporter was later banned for submitting fake reports/screenshots to maliciously harm people's reputation, supporting your original claim to innocence.
    Example of unfair appeal: Appeals admin had a prior conflict of interest.
    Example of policy change: You were marked for trading with scammers, which SteamRep declared is no longer taggable even for those who already had an appeal denied.
    Example of other extenuating circumstances: You abandoned your appeal without notice because you were hospitalized or otherwise reasonably unable to follow up, and it subsequently got rejected for inactivity.

Ill help you out a tad even, does not appear any new evidence not originally available during your first appeal comes into play nor any policy changes affecting your case since then. That leaves unfair appeal or other extenuating circumstance.
  3. [RAF Mdc Cpl] Swazzy

Steam:
    I'm sorry if it came across as a disagreement.

The unfair appeal reason is the only one which can be seen here.

I tried my best to explain that the decision based on the two reasons are unjustifiable.

I have not been provided a method through which I can defend myself, therefore I assume it is unfair.

Since it is related to "change of heart," what "basis" can I reference for the review?

I haven't lied in the appeal, and there's no "evidence" I could give the admin. I don't know how I could have done it. The means was not put in my hands.

I see appeals with questions from admins and can only deduct that there was a prior conflict of interest.

It wasn't a completed scam, it didn't involve repayment, there's no other proof I could have provided, there's nothing I have been asked for.

I choose Unfair Appeal (Example of unfair appeal: Appeals admin had a prior conflict of interest) (?)
  4. You Are The One

Steam:
    If you are unsure what category you are requesting a review under, its likely you do not qualify for a review.
    You selected unfair appeal, explicitly a conflict of interest (COI) from the appeal admin. Can you please tell me what specific COI rules or policy the appeal admin broke when handling your appeal?

For some of your other points:
    Irrelevant, you already argued your case and the admin already took everything you previously said/provided into their decision making., please do not bring up such details again.
    You were provided a method, it was your appeal.
  5. [RAF Mdc Cpl] Swazzy

Steam:
    You can clearly see he did not take anything I said into consideration, after three years. That's why I'm asking for a review. The reasons are completely different from what was in the appeal.

He provided two reasons for which I should have had an appeal related to something else, like a completed scam with no repayment, or something like that.
    Instead, it was an attempt with change of heart, so his reasons shouldn't apply. If there were any other reasons, like no repayment, rudeness, lying, it would be obvious.

This seems like it's not working out, this whole process is technically a one-way thing. The decision does not hold any valid reasons related to the appeal.
    I can only deduct that this is biased and this is another faux way of defending myself. The ban should have been final with no "hopes" of appeals that would have been rejected anyways.

If it gets rejected, I want to know the reason(s), why. The reasons they provided don't have any basis. Therefore it is conflict of interest and I can only write it off as a biased decision.
    Is it not obvious?
  6. You Are The One

Steam:
    Last warning about attempting to argue your appeal here, the review will be closed if you do so again.

You said the admin had a conflict of interest, you need to tell me what that is, so far you have not, this is the basis for the review that you selected.
  7. You Are The One

Steam:
    Its been over two weeks without any additional details about an unfair appeal, and an admin conflict of interest, and I am closing this review and declining to grant a second appeal.