1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Archived Appeal Review for 76561198060620497 (Anthony)

Discussion in 'Archived Appeals' started by Vlad The Vicious Veggie, Mar 20, 2022.

1. Vlad The Vicious Veggie

Vlad The Vicious Veggie Banned on SteamRep

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:50177384
    Appeal Review Request
    Reminder: Appeal reviews are not appeals!

Reason for Appeal Review: Other extenuating circumstance at admins' discretion. NOT USUALLY GRANTED!!!
    Past Appeal: https://forums.steamrep.com/threads/76561198060620497-banned-by-sr.59127/

Steam profile: 76561198060620497 (Anthony)

Make your case:
    Hello there, I wanted to request a review of my Steamrep ban for a few reasons, but I am not entirely sure what reason to put for the appeal as there are 2 options that I think apply to me.

In my original appeal, the admin who contacted me said I had a trade ban, this is completely and totally wrong. I was NEVER trade banned on ANY of my steam accounts, this is the biggest reason I am appealing, as the admins message seemed to imply that the trade ban was the reason I was denied, which like I said, I was never trade banned.

From the research I conducted, Steam policy says trade bans are never removed, even by support, and I do not have a trade ban on my profile, so I don't know how it would have been possible for me to have a trade ban.

Additionally, the Steamrep admin said I attempted to scam multiple people, if this is true I do not remember it as it was almost 10 years ago, and I couldn't find a 2nd report for me on the Steamrep forums.

I tried to appeal this about 5 years ago but I believe I did it improperly, so hopefully this is the correct way to do it.

• Plea: GUILTY, I absolutely attempted to scam someone close to 10 years ago.
    • Did you pay back the victim(s)? NOT APPLICABLE, thankfully I was unsuccessful in my attempt.
    • Did you appeal before? YES, but I was told I had a previous trade ban, which has never been the case.
    • Do you have alternate accounts?
      76561198128517814, 76561198200481834, 76561198060611334 However I only use the Kangaroo Salesman account, the others were CSGO smurfs that haven't been touched in years.
    • Do you have/had reputation threads on some of the communities? If so, link them. NOT APPLICABLE, I have not done any trading in a very long time. I could provide character references if requested.

I am not begging for another chance, it has been almost 10 years since I tried to scam someone, I turn 21 in a few months, I made a mistake when I was 11. If every mistake we made when we were 11 was held over our heads for the rest of our lives, everyone would have a record a mile long.

I just want a fair look at this appeal because the reasons for my original unban appeal do not make sense.

Thanks for reading and thank you for your time.​

Attached Files:

2. You Are The One

You Are The One SteamRep Admin

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:41038663
    Appeal reviews are only considered for limited circumstances, we list several examples in the appeal review form you filled out.
    You need to specify what category you are requesting a review for and give detailed information for why you think it applies to you.

Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative).**
  3. Vlad The Vicious Veggie

Steam:
    In that case, I think the one that most applies to my situation is unfair appeal because I was told that I had previously been trade banned, which is not the case, as well as that I had attempted to scam multiple people, which I could not find any reports for, in addition to everything else I included in my original message.

My apologies for the mistake, I just felt that a few could apply.
  4. You Are The One

Steam:
    Other then the trade ban point you make, you already said you do not recall if you scammed others, so is it you do not recall as you originally said or you did not? You cannot claim both.
  5. Vlad The Vicious Veggie

Steam:
    Let me clarify because I am a bit confused by what you said.

The only person I remember attempting to scam was the person that I got the original Steamrep ban for.

I looked for reports on the Steamrep forums and I could not find any other reports about me other than the original ban report.
  6. You Are The One

Steam:
    Do you have anything else to add to your case before the review is concluded?
  7. Vlad The Vicious Veggie

Steam:
    I believe I have presented all the relevant information I can think of.

The only thing I would add is that I genuinely regret what I did, dumb kids do dumb things and I have learned a lot since then.

Additionally, thank you again for your time, I know you don't get paid to deal with this stuff.
  8. You Are The One

Steam:
    After looking at your claims, you were indeed trade banned July 4th 2012 until around July 23, 2012 when you were put on trade probation until around Oct 8th of 2012, I have verified this myself by looking at your SR profile timeline, it was noted on the report against you, and, when you had your appeal, the appeal admin even asked you about it. Further, in your original appeal, you expressly told the admin you did attempt to defraud at least one additional user and that is what the admin relied on to make that assessment. Nothing about these facts/claims you brought up were unfair by the original handling admin. You simply claimed you did not recall and that was the basis for your review, that is not what a review is for. I am upholding his judgement and declining your review for a new appeal. Regards.

Additional Ref: Steam_2017-05-18_18-18-03 Redacted.jpg