1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Archived Appeal Review for 76561198071897659 (Reborn)

Discussion in 'Archived Appeals' started by Cody C., Oct 5, 2021.

1. Cody C.

Cody C. Banned on SteamRep

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:55815965
    Appeal Review Request
    Reminder: Appeal reviews are not appeals!

Reason for Appeal Review: Other extenuating circumstance at admins' discretion. NOT USUALLY GRANTED!!!
    Past Appeal: https://forums.steamrep.com/threads...-rain-dancer-banned-by-sr.182351/#post-478269

Steam profile: 76561198071897659 (Reborn)

Make your case:
    Listen to be completely direct, I was not on meds at the time of my previous repeal, and I 100% regret the words I said and the tone I took
    I am now on meds and consider myself a completely different person.
    Its been almost 7 years now since I was banned
    All I want is to play TF2 on the public servers my friends play on, which auto-ban based on Steamrep status.
    I understand that's not Steamreps problem, and I also understand that my previous behavior puts me in a very negative light
    However people change. And I've grown up a lot in the past few years.
    I ask that you please give me the opportunity to prove I've grown and exist unbanned in the larger TF2 community
    The extenuating circumstance is the fact that i am now on meds, and its been 7 years, which is a long time of punishment.
    Please give my situation hefty thought, and i look forward to hearing back.
    Thank you for your time reading this
    -Reborn

P.S. - I don't know what to attach as an image so i am attached a random image, apologies.​

Attached Files:

2. Lava

Lava Public Relations SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:46187366
    You only get 1 appeal, and failing that, SteamRep bans are permanent, just like VAC bans. That's the policy, and we can't just arbitrarily make an exception because you asked nicely. It would be unfair to others who have been denied. Appeal reviews serve as a stop gap for extenuating circumstances where due process was not followed, and the burden of proof for those extenuating circumstances rests on you.

Failure to take your one and only appeal seriously, then not liking the outcome from that attitude, do not qualify as reasons to invalidate and overturn the previous admin's decision. Length of time banned is not an extenuating circumstance either; SteamRep bans are permanent by design, and plenty of people asking us for a second, third, fourth, and even more appeals after a number of years passed were also refused. Change of heart pleas would be better served for a "clemency" program, if such a thing existed (it currently does not), not appeal reviews.

I'm glad you are (or claim to be) a better person now that you're on some medication. Our goal here is not to punish you, strictly speaking, but to warn the community of someone who is a risk to trade with. Making an exception for you just because you claimed to have a change of heart for realzies this time would compromise our integrity. The fact of the matter is, however, you are still responsible for what you did, and what happens with your account. If community-run servers choose to automatically ban known scammers to protect their players (Valve's official servers don't), that is their choice, and I'm sorry to say you're just going to have to live with the consequences of your actions.

Anything else I missed before I close out your one (and only) appeal review?
  3. Lava

Lava Public Relations SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:46187366
    With 2 weeks past, plenty of time has passed for any additional arguments to be made in favor of extenuating circumstances. With that, I will close out your appeal review.
    Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative, Moderating).**