1. SteamRep is shutting down at the end of 2024. See announcement.

Archived Appeal Review for https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198007566674 (Aria)

Discussion in 'Archived Appeals' started by Yatterman, Oct 1, 2022.

1. Yatterman

Yatterman Banned on SteamRep

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:23650473
    Appeal Review Request
    Reminder: Appeal reviews are not appeals!

Reason for Appeal Review: Other extenuating circumstance at admins' discretion. NOT USUALLY GRANTED!!!
    Past Appeal: http://forums.steamrep.com/threads/76561198007566674-yatterman-sop-scammer.971/

Steam profile: https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198007566674 (Aria)

Make your case:
    Good morning,

I am contacting SteamRep in regards to a previous scamming ban I had received via SourceOp roughly 10 years ago. At the time I was banned for scamming someone out of roughly $10 worth of items at the time in TF2 on an alternate account which was shared by a friend (no longer in use, I have no clue what the account info even is now which is: https://steamcommunity.com/id/wafflesaredeliciousonsaturdays/ ).

I was a teenager at the time and am trying to take accountability for my actions at the time and would like to look into either having the SteamRep ban either move into a Warning or a complete clear on my account due to the age of it. I am still extremely active on steam and regularly use this account as my main and only account now and occasionally will use trading sites that do permit me to be able to use them with the banned tag on them. I understand if an exception is not able to be made regardless of the age of the tag, however I have genuinely changed as a person since then and realized that I had screwed up and this has loomed over me with my account for years now. I have not received any sort of game bans or trade bans within steam as well.

Thank you for taking your time to read this and I respect the teams decision regardless of the outcome. I have attached a photo of my steamrep profile at this time since I am unsure of the file it is requiring to upload before submitting.​

Attached Files:

2. You Are The One

You Are The One SteamRep Admin

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:41038663
    What you are describing is an appeal, you already had and appeal and were denied. Nothing at all you submitted here follows what very limited circumstances an appeal review is actually for. If you do not follow/specify, your review will be instantly denied.

Appeal reviews are not appeals. You only get one appeal, and once denied you are out of options. Your case has already been decided. Appeal reviews are intended as an extra level of oversight in case of admin abuse/mishandling or extenuating circumstances. By design, very few appeal reviews will be honored, so you should consider whether this form applies to you before submitting. Using the appeal review process to request a second chance or because you don't like the admin's decision will automatically result in your review being denied. You cannot request any additional appeal reviews after this one!

Choose 1 of these reasons for requesting an appeal review. You will only have 1 chance to make your case, and you must back up whichever option you choose, so choose carefully.

Example of new evidence: Reporter was later banned for submitting fake reports/screenshots to maliciously harm people's reputation, supporting your original claim to innocence.
    Example of unfair appeal: Appeals admin had a prior conflict of interest.
    Example of policy change: You were marked for trading with scammers, which SteamRep declared is no longer taggable even for those who already had an appeal denied.
    Example of other extenuating circumstances: You abandoned your appeal without notice because you were hospitalized or otherwise reasonably unable to follow up, and it subsequently got rejected for inactivity.

Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative).**
  3. Yatterman

Steam:
    I went with Example of other extenuating circumstances as per the title due to the age of the tag however if this is not something that can be adjusted, feel free to just close/delete out this thread and I'll just continue to handle my account as I have been normally. Thanks!
  4. You Are The One

Steam:
    Tags are permanent by design so time tagged is not an extenuating circumstance. What you did is impersonate yourself, allegedly being a "trusted" person, to scam others. Do you have anything else to add before the review is concluded?
  5. Yatterman

Steam:
    Only thing I'll add was it was a single time someone had been scammed by myself using an alt account ,no other scams were done by me besides the single one for the ~$10 at the time of TF2 items. Go ahead and close it out, thanks for your time.
  6. You Are The One

Steam:
    None of the additional info you provided fits into the limited circumstances of an appeal review, specifically extenuating circumstances as you selected. Tags are permanent by design so time tagged is not an extenuating circumstance. As for the type of offense you bring up, self impersonation, being an extenuating circumstance? Type of offense shows a level of premeditation, planning, preparation above the level of most offenses, that hurts your case, not helps it. This along with your request to close it out, the tag is upheld.

Regards.