1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Declined: Moderator AryHolic's Moderator Application

Discussion in 'Archived Applications' started by AryHolic, Mar 11, 2016.

1. AryHolic

AryHolic New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:122274896
    1) SteamRep ID block pasted from your SR profile.
    | steamname: 忍者 | AryHolic
    | steam3ID: [U:1:244549792]
    | steamID32: STEAM_0:0:122274896
    | steamID64: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198204815520
    | customURL: http://steamcommunity.com/id/AryHolic
    | steamrep: http://steamrep.com/profiles/76561198204815520

2) Are you at least 18 years of age? Timezone and nation of residence?
    I am 24, born on the 14th of February, 1992 (GMT Timezone). I live in the UK, Birmingham.

3) Please tell us about yourself (job, school, hobbies, etc)?
    I have a degree in Computer Science and have worked in the FBI for 10 months. I am currenctly unemployed. I enjoy Gaming and anything to do with computers.

4) Why do you want to become a SteamRep moderator?
    I want to become a Moderator because I want to make the Steam Community a better place. I also want to prove that I have no intention of scamming, but there is a screenshot of me 'attempting to scam'. I have provided evidence showing that it wasn't me. I was hacked.

5) How much time can you devote to SteamRep per week?
    I can devote 3-4 hours to SteamRep per day, around 21 hours per week.

6) Do you have any prior administrative experience, or similar (please elaborate)?
    I was going to be a semi-moderator for a TF2 Forum. I was applicable for the job (Viking Community, TVC), but I never got the it since no moderator wanted to view my application. An admin, however, added me and said 'You are applicable, but you need consent of 2 or more admins to become a moderator.'

7) What challenges do you foresee if you become a moderator?
    In the future, I reckon I will see problems such as attempting scammers, impersonators and many more that I may or may not know of. I am ready to experience and handle these problems.

8) Can you accept the fact that you must enforce SteamRep rules and guidelines?
    I accept the fact that I have to enforce SteamRep rules and guidelines.

9) Do you feel you will have any issues denying / accepting reports and appeals?
    I personally feel that I won't have any issues accepting/denying reports and appeals.

10) Do you handle instruction and direction well?
    I handle directions and instructions rather well.

11) What do you feel are your personal shortcomings or attributes you can improve on?
    I feel that I can improve on my formality and mood, as people that deny facts that are absolutely true, with evidence to back this fact, annoy me rather easily. This is easy to improve on.

12) What contributions do you believe you will be able to make to SteamRep?
    Currently, I can not donate or make any personal contributions/donations because I am rather tight on money, but I can give up my time and effort to help the community and make it a better place.

13) Do you have any interest in eventually becoming an SR Admin? If so, what kinds of things would you like to do? (Example- community relations, appeals, scam reports, etc.)
    I have no personal interest in becoming an Admin as I think this is a huge responsibility only one with a calm mind and right detemination can take this position.

14) Please list all alternate Steam accounts using SteamRep ID blocks.
    I have no alternate accounts as I feel there is no need for them.

15) Do you agree to the Code of Conduct and agree to abide by it?
    I agree to the Code of Conduct and I will abide by it.

16) Have you read the Duties of SR Moderators post and understand it?
    I understand what the Duties of SR Moderators are and I understand them.

17) (If applicable) List Steam trading communities you are / have been active on and in what capacity (user, mod, admin), also give a link to the account(s) there.
    I am a user in the csgolounge.com trading community, my account is: http://csgolounge.com/profile?id=76561198204815520

18) Do you have any questions?
    I have no further questions. I hope I get to become a moderator.
    RaGe73 likes this.
  2. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative, Moderating).**
    Roudydogg1 likes this.
  3. AryHolic

AryHolic New User

Steam:
    If you wrote anything, I can't seem to view it. It might be an issue with my browser, but the text box is blank.
  4. Enstage

Enstage SteamRep Admin Partner Community Donator - Tier V

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:52569926
    Its hidden text that only staff can see. Nothing for you to worry about.
  5. AryHolic

AryHolic New User

Steam:
    Understood.
  6. Clive

Clive SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:43668349
    So you want to be a Steamrep moderator because you don't want people to think you are a scammer? Or am I misinterpreting you?

Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative, Moderating).**
  7. AryHolic

AryHolic New User

Steam:
    That is partially correct, yes.
  8. Sniper Pro

Sniper Pro FirePowered Head Admin Partner Community

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:49525162
  9. AryHolic

AryHolic New User

Steam:
  10. Lava

Lava Public Relations SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:46187366
    I don't think you actually read or understood that point. Might want to try looking at it again, for real this time.
    Roudydogg1, Edward. and Enstage like this.
  11. AryHolic

AryHolic New User

Steam:
    Yeah, I didn't see that he wrote '#6', sorry about that. Yeah, I'm not trying to get fame or anything, I'm just trying to redeem myself and help the community and get RID of scammers.
  12. Everette

Everette New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:109065025
    • This user is not staff and their opinion has no bearing on the outcome of this application
    Aryholic, I have reviewed your application, and have read the followup questions. Although your application was well made, and you have some great reasons on why you would like to become a moderator. I do not beleive you fully understand the purpose of being a moderator. The purpose of being a moderator is not for social status. Although you have already been asked about this. I do not think you quite understand.
  13. AryHolic

AryHolic New User

Steam:
    It may or may not look like I'm doing this for social status, but I'm not. I have been scammed MANY times with different methods and I want to prevent that from happening to other people. I do understand what it means to be a moderator. It doesn't mean I get let loose and I get popular, but I get scrutinized more and I get watched over more carefully. I understand your arguments against my application and will keep this in mind.
  14. Everette

Everette New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:109065025
    If this truly is the cas then there is nothing else I can see that would decrease your chances of being accepted, good luck.
  15. AryHolic

AryHolic New User

Steam:
    Appreciate the support :)
  16. Clive

Clive SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:43668349
    May I ask about your time at the FBI?
  17. Bacons

Bacons New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:62398176
    I understand that I am not staff and my opinion has no bearing on the outcome of this application, but I must add that I recognize this name, it was about 2 months ago and about a cash trade. I remember he wanted to buy my knife at the time and was really sketch, pretty sure I called him out on it and he blocked me. Don't have proof of chat or anything, just wanted to add my experience .

Attached Files:

18. AryHolic

AryHolic New User

Steam:
    I remember you, you were awfully disrespectful, hence me blocking you.
  19. AryHolic

AryHolic New User

Steam:
    I can unblock now if you want to chat or anything, but may I ask, what are you adding me for?
  20. AryHolic

AryHolic New User

Steam:
    Unfortunately, you cannot. It is confidential.