1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Declined: Moderator AryHolic's Moderator Application

Discussion in 'Archived Applications' started by AryHolic, Mar 11, 2016.

1. Lava

Lava Public Relations SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:46187366
    Then why mention it?
    ♠ Journey, Edward. and Roudydogg1 like this.
  2. AryHolic

AryHolic New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:122274896
    Just to show that I've had expert experience with computers before, and just to mention my previous job. I am kind of treating this like a CV.
  3. Clive

Clive SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:43668349
    So you are not allowed to say anything about that position?

Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative, Moderating).**
  4. AryHolic

AryHolic New User

Steam:
    I am allowed to say that I've worked there, what my position was and how long I've worked there. Nothing more.
  5. ScorchingVenom™

ScorchingVenom™ Partner Community

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:74998026
    I can slightly believe why "they" would be wanting to be confidential. Agencies like the United States Federal Bereau of Investigation, National Security Agency, etc. grant workers of the said department or agency specific abilities when detailing anything outside. This is to ensure more-so the protection of their gathered intelligence or interior/exterior OP's that we shouldn't be aware of (yes, this is like the 1940's Office of Strategic Services ideals) as you had already detailed before.
    But throughout my own experience and from what I have or had heard, you can be allowed to do a lot more than what you were allowed to do above. The most you can do at this point is at least detail the small specifics of it without releasing anything confidential, unless the SteamRep Admins are past this point already.
    Do understand where I am putting my own perspective at.

---
    [[ This is my own ideal. Freely appointed on this application, which can be freely removed by any SR Admins. It does not reflect the opinions or decisions of SteamRep Admins in any way, shape, or form. ]]
    Last edited: Apr 29, 2016
    Roudydogg1 likes this.
  6. AryHolic

AryHolic New User

Steam:
    I get what you're saying buddy, but whatever I say could release confidential information, hence me saying I can't say anything about my position. I still understand where you are putting your perspective at, however ;).
  7. Lava

Lava Public Relations SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:46187366
    If you're not prepared to back things up in your application, why even mention them at all? We're not looking for people who can come up with glowing bullshit to throw on a resume and shine under a brand or trademark to stand out from other applicants. We're looking for people who have a provable degree of honesty and integrity, detail oriented enough to spot a liar and not get duped by manipulated evidence, and level headed enough to make fair and consistent decisions under pressure that will have a profound impact on the parties involved. Whether or not you actually worked for the FBI, we have no way to gauge its relevancy if all you can say is "I worked at this credible organization, and I'm not telling you anything more than that". We also have to verify you're telling the truth in your application. If you hypothetically didn't actually work there and just put it down to project yourself as a better candidate under the guise nobody has legal need-to-know to verify you're telling the truth, then that casts doubt about whether you're a good fit with an organization like SteamRep. So back to my original question, why even mention it if you're not willing/able to back it up or explain how it makes you a good candidate?
  8. a Gentleman

a Gentleman SteamRep Moderator Partner Community Donator - Tier V

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:25990581
    Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative, Moderating).**
    Roudydogg1 likes this.
  9. AryHolic

AryHolic New User

Steam:
    You could have just said 'I don't believe you, I am doubting your moderator application. You don't seem fit for the job.' instead of writing a long paragraph and even swearing. Like I had already said, I unfortunately can't mention my position in the FBI because it could be putting people (including myself) in danger. The answer to your question, like I previously mentioned, is because I am trying to show you that I've had professional experience with computers before, and that I've actually had a job before. I am treating this like a Curriculum Vitae.
  10. Roudydogg1

Roudydogg1 Moderator; Neonheights Co-Owner SteamRep Moderator Friend Community

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:58227918
    I know it's not my place to tell you what you've done with your job..But telling people you've worked at the FBI doesn't really much explain that you've had professional experience with computers. One doesn't really have much to do with the other.. Or at least most ppl wouldn't be able to make a connection. At least with my experience, with the same organization, electronics were very minimal of use. Best of luck.
    -Roudy
  11. AryHolic

AryHolic New User

Steam:
    Would it help if I said I was in the computer department in the FBI? Does that help with the whole 'connection' problem? Oh and thanks for the luck, by the looks of things I think I need it.
    Roudydogg1 likes this.
  12. AryHolic

AryHolic New User

Steam:
    Oh and what's that quote for? The one about banning @BigMac187?
  13. Clive

Clive SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:43668349
    That's his signature.
  14. Inu

Inu TF2Bazaar Owner Retired Staff Partner Community Donator - Tier V

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:62120987
    I think it might be better if you could specify your acquired skills related to computers instead of mentioning them as a job you can not talk about. I am an electrical engineer in a huge industrial complex and am also not allowed to talk about where exactly I work, what exactly I do and so on and so forth, but I can provide you with information about my skills, which is what really counts.

Hidden Content:
  15. AryHolic

AryHolic New User

Steam:
    Ok, understood. Well, my main skill is coding and languages, mainly Java, XML and C++. I am self motivated and able to take the initiative, especially when the work is related to computers. Now that I think about it, I probably should have wrote this instead of my previous job.
    Roudydogg1 likes this.
  16. AryHolic

AryHolic New User

Steam:
    Nice. :)
    Roudydogg1 likes this.
  17. AryHolic

AryHolic New User

Steam:
    I haven't heard a reply in some time now. Are there any complications?
  18. Enstage

Enstage SteamRep Admin Partner Community Donator - Tier V

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:52569926
    Probably not, they're just reviewing your application. Moderator applications take time, and for good reasons too.
    Roudydogg1 likes this.
  19. AryHolic

AryHolic New User

Steam:
    Alrighty, I was just making sure there aren't any HUGE complications and I couldn't be there to help.
  20. Inu

Inu TF2Bazaar Owner Retired Staff Partner Community Donator - Tier V

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:62120987
    Do you have a portfolio? It may help you with the credibility on your application.