1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Ask A SteamRep Staff Member

Discussion in 'SteamRep General Discussion' started by Xenophobia, Jan 14, 2013.

1. Grey7

Grey7 New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:102807692
    I have an interesting question:

Say you are buying a high level steam account, but the account is banned on steamrep.

If you proved that you were buying the account, could you get it unmarked?
  2. You Are The One

You Are The One SteamRep Admin

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:41038663
    http://forums.steamrep.com/pages/faq/
    http://store.steampowered.com/subscriber_agreement/
    If we find you are related to a banned account by above means, your account may be banned as an alt and unable to appeal. The account can ALWAYS be reclaimed by the original owner, anyone saying otherwise is lying to you. In addition, if Valve finds out, the account may be permanently disabled for being sold/transferred.
    Last edited: Feb 16, 2017
    Sniper Pro likes this.
  3. T.w² | Bosnian Darkrai

T.w² | Bosnian Darkrai New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:113078119
    What are all of the things you can be steam rep banned for? (ie: Fake sites, Fake extensions, ect...)
  4. You Are The One

You Are The One SteamRep Admin

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:41038663
  5. EaZy 2

EaZy 2 New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:86332783
    I usually always can tell if someone is traing to scam me, but now I am unsure. This random guy added me, and had an empty invetory. Only a screenshot of his opskins account with rare items. He told that before we proceed to a trade that I have to list my skins on opskins, because they might be overstack and non-marketable. I however found this on your forum: http://forums.steamrep.com/threads/...counter-strike-global-offensive-items.152297/ Which si basically the same conversation with different words I am having with the guy right now. Is there any way he could scam me when I list my items on opskins? maybe he would impersonate a opskins bot? I have no idea. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
    Roudydogg1 likes this.
  6. Inu

Inu TF2Bazaar Owner Retired Staff Partner Community Donator - Tier V

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:62120987
    Honestly, if a trade or a trade-conversation feels off to you, you should absolutely not proceed.
  7. EaZy 2

EaZy 2 New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:86332783
  8. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    Could have been a glitch that day with the SR backend when I was working the report - I fixed that once I verified it again.
  9. STALYN2KA.

STALYN2KA. New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:143166370
    i have a scammer report, but conversation is in't english
  10. Fabulous Rainbow Bwinb

Fabulous Rainbow Bwinb New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:58820805
    Why not translate?
    STALYN2KA. likes this.
  11. STALYN2KA.

STALYN2KA. New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:143166370
    like a reply ?
  12. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    Not acceptable
    https://forums.steamrep.com/threads/steamrep-investigative-policy.140101/
    Report them to Valve instead
    In order to do that, you have to:
    1. Visit the accuseds profile
    2. Click MORE drop-down located at the top right of the page
    3. Choose REPORT VIOLATION
    4. Select the violation, then describe it and provide the evidence
    5. Click SUBMIT REPORT

Click here to view an animated gif that shows how to report a violation.

Translation of text isn't acceptable - we don't know if it was altered - we won't ask others to do it either they may not be around when a user appeals.
    Which is why we now have current policy not to accept these reports.
  13. Scunty

Scunty New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:118098776
    Hello, someone wants to trade with me. He says he want almost all of my items for a giveaway and i get 50 euros. If he scams me and i report him, will i get my items back?
  14. Enstage

Enstage SteamRep Admin Partner Community Donator - Tier V

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:52569926
    Not a staff member, but it sounds like you could do with a response quickly.

No, you will not get your items back. Steam Support does not return items, SteamRep doesn't even have access to return your items.

Sounds like a scam and I suggest you tread carefully.
    Tio José das Vacas likes this.
  15. Gucci Dumplings

Gucci Dumplings New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:194162185
    Hello.
    Dear ЩĄ | Horse,
    Please, why do i need to have a steam chat log, when he blocked me and unfriended me so now i cant see the chat logs. Its literally not possible. i have the email chat nogs that have him admitting to scamming me, but thats still not enough. Please, have a chat with me over why this is a thing where i need to have chat logs that are impossible to recover when i have clear proof thru his emailing me that he had scammed me.
    "Without the chat agreement/discussion or something of a broken agreement thru steam chat screenshots on" -Horse
    (from bottom to top)
    On Tue, Feb 28, 2017 at 9:59 PM, Alton Lee <[email protected]> wrote:
    can you at least give me something i mean like dude

On Tue, Feb 28, 2017 at 9:34 PM, Gavin Hoskins <[email protected]> wrote:
    srry had to buy chroma key board

On Tue, Feb 28, 2017 at 4:43 PM, Alton Lee <[email protected]> wrote:
    oh wow thanks for selling it
    wow.

On Mon, Feb 27, 2017 at 11:06 PM, Gavin Hoskins <[email protected]> wrote:
    i do not have your items anymore

On Thu, Feb 23, 2017 at 2:08 PM, Alton Lee <[email protected]> wrote:
    Hello Sir. I know you are "Against Scamming" However, you have just scammed me of all my items. Please trade it back.
    --
    Alton Lee
    ___________________________________________________________________________________________________
    Id like to have a different admin review this case.
  16. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    You've made the same report twice - it was invalid for the same reason - you don't have the proper evidence to review the report.
    We don't accept any discussions for evidence outside of steam chat - Facebook, twitter, instgram, skype - all that is not acceptable.
    We can not help that Valve does not allow you to save chat history - you can bring that up to them.
    This isn't the place to argue this either.
  17. faris

faris New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:76915847
    can i submit a report to get someone marked as a scammer if they haven't scammed anyone yet to help prevent them from doing so. he added me and had a private profile so i called him out and he instantly deleted me
  18. Lava

Lava Public Relations SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:46187366
    @faris Having a private profile may be a red flag for trading with them, but it's not something we can mark them over.
  19. Lava

Lava Public Relations SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:46187366
    @Gucci Dumplings Without proof of the original conversation you had, it's simply your word against his. We mark people for what we can prove, not what people tell us. Let's suppose someone gave you a gift, or perhaps even raffled items off in a trade server which you won, only for them to turn around and use that 1-sided trade by itself to report you. Or perhaps you paid in Bitcoin but they insisted you promised PayPal. How would you feel if we accepted that report, taking their word as fact, and branded you as a scammer? We have certain strict evidence requirements specifically to protect you from situations like that.

I took a glance at your reports and will have to concur with Horse's assessment. We can't ruin someone's reputation simply on your word this is what happened. And even if you provided emails, there would be no way to prove those emails belonged to a specific scammer, or that you didn't spoof/edit them. Not accusing you of fake reporting, but we do have people coming here for that reason and we need ways to filter that out. Looking at it from our perspective, if we marked him and he appealed, claiming you lied, how would we handle that? No way to pick a side here without playing favorites.
    Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative, Moderating).**
  20. faris

faris New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:76915847
    well i was also like "you're a really obvious scammer" and then he removed me