1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Ask A SteamRep Staff Member

Discussion in 'SteamRep General Discussion' started by Xenophobia, Jan 14, 2013.

1. Nebras

Nebras New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:92811415
    Private profile is a feature steam offers for privacy, having a private profile means nothing, anyone can have a reason to make his profile private.
    And also, saying that to anyone will probably make him remove you.
  2. ☜Seekow☞

☜Seekow☞ New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:29495650
    I have question about impersonation.

There is 1 guy who have really similiar IP to me and he is using it to scam other players

There is his profile: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198181100343/
    And mine: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198019257028/

He was scamming people for 7 days from now, at first I was hoping that steam will do something about it.
    His profile is telling that his main inventory is in my account, he have same avatar and nick as me.
    I have scammer warning now because of him..

From yesterday
    http://i.imgur.com/0TWIfjR.png
    From today
    http://i.imgur.com/5qvLYyh.png?1

Please help what can I do?
  3. You Are The One

You Are The One SteamRep Admin

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:41038663
    The user you linked and you do not even have IPs located in the same part of the world. Also, we are not steam/valve and cannot take any action against the users steam account. I suggest using the Steam profile report feature and report him for impersonation and submit an impersonation report here on SR as well. (In the reports section, not the general chat section)
  4. ☜Seekow☞

☜Seekow☞ New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:29495650
    Thank you for quick response
  5. Gaderic

Gaderic New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:68988751
    Will you guys release a feature that allows us to check the steamrep of a steamgroup? I think this could be very helpful for steam group admins to check their own steam group rep for their emebers. I imagine this could be useful for other reasons as well.
  6. Razu

Razu New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:115318195
    Why does your admins keep repeating the same word every single time when they accept reports
  7. SilentReaper(SR)

SilentReaper(SR) Retired Staff

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:89705646
    Its a Macro we use.
  8. 1965

1965 New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:57352310
    Looking for help from an admin, my steamrep account was disabled from donating months and months back and I was told it would be able to donate after a month and still no fix. Is there anyway you guys can enable that for me?
  9. You Are The One

You Are The One SteamRep Admin

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:41038663
    We currently do not have any system for you regarding these types of issues, if ofpf changes its mind they would say something, they will make some sort of statement on it and un-restrict any such users. You can contact ofpf.org directly since they are the ones who make those decisions, otherwise, you are wasting your time here I'm afraid.
  10. sng

sng New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:43288900
    I got scammed with paypal chargeback 9 days later after the deal.
    Ofc, i havent access to the chat history with scammer: he said "thanks for a good deal" and i closed our chat. 9 days later he blocked all communications with me on steam i did chargeback.
    Now, i have no chat history and cant create a report thread.
    Please, tell me: is it means that we have no any protection vs scammers, like this one?
    He can scam everyone with the same money few times and nobody can't report him, because nobody saves chat history with satisfied customers?
    I mean, maybe it would be much better, if report thread will have another active (not invalid) status until accused person will unblock communications on steam community to let me get a chat history and provide an evidence about scam?
  11. sng

sng New User

Steam:
    "he blocked all communications with me on steam AND did chargeback." i did an error on my message :p
  12. SilentReaper(SR)

SilentReaper(SR) Retired Staff

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:89705646
    This you can report, for time of paypal and the trade history can be linked.
  13. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    Can report it but without chat history - even if the times are close that may not be correct. Its very very difficult to prove without a discussion showing the agreed upon amount - which could be wrong, who knows if you discussed a completely different deal around the same time frame.
  14. sng

sng New User

Steam:
    I did report, but report got "Invalid" status.
    Nevermind guys, thank you for answers, i just contacted with him via facebook, and he create a coolstory about he bought items for a "friend", and he had troubles with "friend" - thats why he did chargeback. Now i'm 100% sure about he is a scammer, but i agree your position - without a chat you can't be assured. I hope, next victim of him will save all evidences and he just get stop on 2nd victim..
    Roudydogg1 likes this.
  15. sng

sng New User

Steam:
    Hey guys! I did a cunning move and my scammer unblocked me :)
    Now i have our chat on my mobile Steam application and can make screenshots. Is this type of screenshots works? PC Steam app have only 2 last messages without any info about deal
  16. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    Must include date/time stamps on them if you have them - this makes mobile screens super hard to accept.
  17. Grey7

Grey7 New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:102807692
    So quick question about friend community bans:

I've seen someone only get a caution tag when banned from a certain community(not saying which community)

But I saw another person get steamrep banned when banned from the same community.

How do you determine if they get a caution tag or ban tag? Are there different levels of types of scams?
  18. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    Depends on the situation.... lots of factors go into play for something like that and then its a judgement call on the one issuing the tag.
  19. Grey7

Grey7 New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:102807692
    So if someone ran from a spycrab would that be caution or ban?
  20. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    SteamRep doesn't issue either for that.
    https://forums.steamrep.com/threads/steamrep-investigative-policy.140101/

Now if a partner tagged for it that be up to them as to how severe it would be. They are after all the only ones that have the server side evidence to prove it along with whatever the victim gave in a report.