1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Declined: Moderator AzaPattaz's Moderator Application

Discussion in 'Archived Applications' started by AzaPattaz, Sep 11, 2016.

1. AzaPattaz

AzaPattaz New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:63057967
    1) SteamRep ID block pasted from your SR profile.
    | steamname: AzaPattaz
    | steam3ID: [U:1:126115934]
    | steamID32: STEAM_0:0:63057967
    | steamID64: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198086381662
    | customURL: http://steamcommunity.com/id/AzaPattaz
    | steamrep: http://steamrep.com/profiles/76561198086381662

2) Are you at least 18 years of age? Timezone and nation of residence? 18 Years Old In 16 days from the time of writing (27th September)
    3) Please tell us about yourself (job, school, hobbies, etc)? I am big into various types of video games and love working with computers. I am also a musician, I play the Piano, guitar, drums and the Ukulele :p I do a lot of recording music in my spare time and help administrate various game servers.
    4) Why do you want to become a SteamRep moderator? I would love to become a Steam Rep Moderator to help raise awareness of the many scammers and the deceptive tactics used by scammers to keep people safe whilst trading and to prevent the loss of items throughout the steam community.
    5) How much time can you devote to SteamRep per week? I have too much free time, I can easily dedicate 15-20+ hours per week.
    6) Do you have any prior administrative experience, or similar (please elaborate)? Yes, I do have a lot of prior experience with community administration. I have owned, ran and have been an admin on multiple large game servers. Furthermore, I have helped administrate forum sites and helped to keep the peace.
    7) What challenges do you foresee if you become a moderator? I could possibly see stress, frustration being a problem. What many people fail to understand is that a lot of cases aren't just "He scammed me" 1 click ban sort of situations. A lot of them can take loads of rummaging around for evidence/information towards the case which can be very frustrating at times, especially when you know that person could be scamming more people and you don't have evidence beyond a reasonable doubt to take action and prevent innocent people from getting their hard earned money getting stolen.
    8) Can you accept the fact that you must enforce SteamRep rules and guidelines? Yes, Of course
    9) Do you feel you will have any issues denying / accepting reports and appeals? As long as I feel that I have sufficient evidence towards a case, I feel like I have confidence in myself to make the right decision and at any time if I feel like I don't know how to handle a case, I can always ask an admin or another member of staff for assistance.
    10) Do you handle instruction and direction well? I can handle instruction well, I may ask a few questions if I am not entirely sure but better safe than sorry.
    11) What do you feel are your personal shortcomings or attributes you can improve on? I feel one of my attributes to work on could be my stress levels. Sometimes I get way to engrossed in 1 particular thing and get myself flustered. I think sometimes its better to take a break than to solve everything at once and get sick of it.
    12) What contributions do you hope to be able to make? We're especially interested in previous content or experience that shows you can help educate the community on fraud prevention. No body likes getting scammed. I have been scammed myself and it is the worst thing that can ever happen. I think my main contribution towards this community would be to handle all cases with the highest level of empathy for the victim and to really put myself in their shoes. Obviously, I will not make the case biased towards the accused victims.
    13) Do you have any interest in eventually becoming an SR Admin? If so, what kinds of things would you like to do? (Example- community relations, appeals, scam reports, etc.) I would definitely love to help the community out by becoming a Steam Rep admin. I think my main area of focus would be on scam reports or possibly appeals, As I said I can put high levels of empathy into my decision and I think that would definitely help me in my ability to choose the right outcome for a case.
    14) Please list all alternate Steam accounts using SteamRep ID blocks.
    This is my only alt:
    | steamname: ᴾᴮ =pb AzaPattaz | trade.tf
    | steam3ID: [U:1:189599772]
    | steamID32: STEAM_0:0:94799886
    | steamID64: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198149865500
    | customURL: http://steamcommunity.com/id/AzaPattazTrading
    | steamrep: http://steamrep.com/profiles/76561198149865500
    15) Do you agree to the Code of Conduct and agree to abide by it? Yes I do
    16) Have you read the Duties of SR Moderators post and understand it? Yes I have read it and understand it
    17) (If applicable) List Steam trading communities you are / have been active on and in what capacity (user, mod, admin), also give a link to the account(s) there. I don't tend to be a part of steam trading communities, I tend to more just use sites just as CSGO lounge, tf2 outpost or even certain subreddits on Reddit
    18) Do you have any questions? I don't think so. Just thank you for spending the time to read through this appeal.
  2. Lava

Lava Public Relations SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:46187366
    This isn't an appeal. It's an application to become a SteamRep moderator.
    Just in case you're confused or you forgot.
    Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative, Moderating, SteamRep Partner Members, SteamRep Partner SCAs).**
    ♠ Journey, Edward. and Roudydogg1 like this.
  3. AzaPattaz | trade.tf

AzaPattaz | trade.tf New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:94799886
    Got no idea why I put appeal there aha
  4. Inu

Inu TF2Bazaar Owner Retired Staff Partner Community Donator - Tier V

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:62120987
    Please elaborate on this point. You have never mentioned which communities, what exactly you did there and when. Links would be great too.

Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative, Moderating).**
  5. AzaPattaz

AzaPattaz New User

Steam:
    Well, I have been admin on several GMOD servers such as Orange Gaming, VegasRP, EnhancedRP and AddictedRP to name a few. These are all Roleplaying servers and can rely alot sometimes on help from admins. These positions have ranged over many years when communities have disbanded and new ones have formed. I feel like being a part of communities like these has significantly improved my ways of surveying a situation and applying the best possible soloution. Most of the servers I have been on have had their own websites however alot have shut down due to lack of funding. I will ask around to see if I can find one of the websites for these servers which I was fourm admin on. I have even created my own servers and communities with a suprisingly big player base, I had to recruit alot of staff to help me deal with the large ammounts of players asking for staff assistance. The staff I had were wonderful and even helped me to learn new ways of dealing with certain situations. I have just recently left AddictedRP due to the Owner having a lack of respect for staff and players on the server, however I did alot of Dev on that servers and helped create it. We had built a loyal community in a few weeks with 40+ players daily and I think that this server in particualr helped me with my communication towards other players and to have empathy for the issues they were experiencing. I feel this can help me very well as a steam rep member of staff as I would be able to put myself in other peoples positions and to really understand the issue
  6. AzaPattaz

AzaPattaz New User

Steam:
    Well after mothns of searching, it appears that all websites have been shut down. However, I have recently became Moderator of a large chain of tf2 servers called PBfortress. Their website is http://pbfortress.com/ if you would like to check it out. I originally got offered the position by a higher member of staff who thought I had the qualities needed for such a position. Thanks
    Roudydogg1 likes this.
  7. Inu

Steam:
    @AzaPattaz care to tell the story behind your VAC ban and your need for the secondary account?
  8. AzaPattaz

AzaPattaz New User

Steam:
    @Inu Sure. I was on holiday at the time in a very isolated area with no wifi so I had no way of checking my steam for anything. Anyways when I came back and logged on, my friend immediately messaged me and said I had a vac. I thought he was joking as he always does but when I checked I did indeed have a vac. Still to this day, I have no idea how I got it. It could have been a hacker since this was before mobile auth but I am clueless. As for the seccond acc. Its to play the VAC banned game (Tf2), I really liked the game and wanted to continue to play it. When I got vacced, I lost alot of my items and money but I have managed rebuilt my entire inv + more.
  9. Inu

Steam:
    And you are absolutely positive you have listed ALL your alternative accounts?
  10. AzaPattaz

AzaPattaz New User

Steam:
    My mistake, looking over it now I didnt include my bot acc. This acc I have for automated tf2 trading with use from the http://backpack.tf/ bot http://steamrep.com/search?q=pattazbot

I hardly ever use this account though, as I say its only a trading bot which i never use
  11. Inu

Steam:
    Please post the full SteamRep blocks of all your alt accounts and also the ones used by friends and relatives at your house, declaring whom they belong to.
  12. AzaPattaz

AzaPattaz New User

Steam:
  13. Inu

Steam:
    How long did you go on holiday for when this happened?
  14. AzaPattaz

AzaPattaz New User

Steam:
    Think it was for 3 weeks. We went to a remote part of Almeria in Spain to stay with my Grandmother who lives over there.
  15. Inu

Steam:
    Your story does not add up with the data I have gathered and I gave you 4 chances in the form of blatantly "baity" questions to just be honest with us here. Appreciate your interest but we have no way to work with someone that omits or shifts the truth in their application, even when given multiple chances to come clean.

Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative, Moderating).**
    Roudydogg1 likes this.