1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Being 'paypal verified'

Discussion in 'Discussion Archive' started by D2Girls, May 17, 2012.

1. D2Girls

D2Girls New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:17721741
    In terms of being verified, and not being verified, what bearing does this have to me?
    I am with Desjardins, and for some reason am unable to complete the bank account transaction that Paypal dictates with me, so the only other way to get around this is creating a new bank account, which I refuse to do so.

Does being paypal verified have any real merit? I've always sent money to people using my credit card I have added to my paypal, not actually used paypal as a bank. So I really see no need to have to go create a new bank account with another bank just to get verified. Unless you super smart and cool admins here think otherwise.
  2. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    Paypal verified has very little merit - case in point some girl just ripped off people by about $30,000 (most of which got their money back) but the account she used was verified.

every little bit helps
  3. SilentReaper(SR)

SilentReaper(SR) Retired Staff

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:89705646
    true that. Altho a verified account is easier to trace to a person, so if the offense is big enough, you can go to the police and tell them about that paypal account that was verified, and therefore to a person's details. Then you have a bit more in your hands than a unverified fake account.