1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Best way to get a MM

Discussion in 'SteamRep General Discussion' started by Dank90, Oct 26, 2016.

1. Dank90

Dank90 New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:104141658
    Looking to get a MM, just curious the best way to get in touch with one.
  2. Roudydogg1

Roudydogg1 SteamRep Admin Friend Community

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:58227918
    Take a look at this here list of community appointed middlemen

http://steamrep.com/group.php?id=2

On that note make sure (if you do end up using a middleman from that list) the it's not an impersonator, and is actually the person on that list
  3. Enstage

Enstage SteamRep Admin Partner Community Donator - Tier V

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:52569926
  4. Dank90

Dank90 New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:104141658
    I have tried to add a few that were online. Just seems like a lot of them I looked at don't mess with codes for games. I'm interested in trading keys for a battlefield code, any idea who might be the best/willing to do this? Thank you.
  5. a Gentleman

a Gentleman SteamRep Moderator Partner Community Donator - Tier V

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:25990581
    Partner Community MMs generally do not (edit, oops) touch codes. We usually middle item->cash or similar. Most of us aren't even allowed to touch codes.
    Last edited: Oct 26, 2016
  6. Enstage

Enstage SteamRep Admin Partner Community Donator - Tier V

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:52569926
    Theres no secure way to middleman for codes over the internet, no matter what anyone says.
  7. SilentReaper(SR)

SilentReaper(SR) Retired Staff

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:89705646
    Corrected that for yah.

----
    MM-ing for codes is discouraged by SR. Due that those codes can be abused to undermine the account security. There is NO way to:
    - Know if the code is genuine or not
    - Know who activated the code (buyer, seller, alt account of either, etc)
    - Know when it was activated.
    - Prevent abuse if it actually worked for the buyer, buyer's account security is compromised.
    - No way to check the code, what game it is for, origin of it, region lock, etc outside of trying to activate the code, and if it works for the person that did the check... the game is then bound to their account, not of the buyers... It basically ends anything. The only thing is if its a code like "0b\/10u5-f41<3"
    - with any extra party between, there becomes just one more party to be accused of theft that saw the code.
    etc.

Hence a lot of checks simply do not work. There is a site out there that does deal with it, but that's still at your own risk.

I've heard of MM attempts on this and them doing stupid stuff like remote desktop of the buyer's computer to "view along" with them while they enter the code there etc. Problem is, that practice alone is pretty much NOT allowed by us. For a lot of those remote desktop programs have ALSO under their hood a file transfer system etc which causes a lot of possible problems that could be done by a rogue "viewer".

So we strongly discourage code trading, and will not facilitate in any way for such.
    Edward. and a Gentleman like this.
  8. Edward.

Edward. SteamRep Admin Donator - Tier V

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:30537130
    Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:30537130
    Agreed, with the post above by SilentReaper, but it's still not over yet. Usually middlemen are middlemanning cash for item(s) trades and even that side is not 100% safe in most of the cases. For example a successful PayPal payment can be chargebacked even 6 months after the actual "successful" payment from the alleged scammer. I got chargebacked in total with over $3000 thru a verified company/merchant thru PayPal so even if you are working thru a company and you are a "business merchant" you can get chargebacked no matter what.
    Beside chargebacks there are fraudulent transactions too which can get your PayPal, Skrill, etc accounts banned for "money laundering/fraudulent transaction(s)" just because a random individual sent you money with a stolen account or credit card. Currently the safest and most popular safe way is Bitcoin, but if you get scammed out of your bitcoins then you can say good bye to your money/cryptocurrency.
    a Gentleman likes this.
  9. SilentReaper(SR)

SilentReaper(SR) Retired Staff

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:89705646
    Longest period I heard on a charge-back is 1,5 year on Paypal. Its a s✿✿✿ payment system.

On bitcoin... a lot of ppl have some "account" on a website for their "wallet" ... thing is, those wallets on there I'd not put any on, just to interact and directly transfer to a wallet on your computer... As for vulnerability, should be able to save it on a USB stick or some. As for it's safety.... you need about 3-4 confirms before you can be sure that the currency is really in your wallet. pref 5 I hear. Thank Chinese blockchain hashers for that, along that it is squeezed. Part of the problems have been talked about in past wheresoever here. (blocks not getting bigger and size constrains, needed upgrades being blocked etc)