1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Declined: Moderator Bruno's Moderator Application

Discussion in 'Archived Applications' started by Bruno ツ, May 5, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bruno ツ

Bruno ツ New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:52644509
    1) SteamRep ID block pasted from your SR profile.
    | steamname: ra1n ¯
    | steam3ID: [U:1:105289019]
    | steamID32: STEAM_0:1:52644509
    | steamID64: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198065554747
    | customURL: http://steamcommunity.com/id/bruno19
    | steamrep: http://steamrep.com/profiles/76561198065554747

2) Are you at least 18 years of age? Timezone and nation of residence?
    Yes, I'm currently 19 years old. My timezone is UTC -3:00, currently living in Uruguay.

3) Please tell us about yourself (job, school, hobbies, etc)?
    I'm not working, at the moment I'm studying Economics. On my free time I usually play CS, trade and running (I love just going to run to relax a bit).

4) Why do you want to become a SteamRep moderator?
    The main reason is my concern about where is the community going if we don't do something against scammers. The amount of people getting scammed on a daily basis is just insane. I personally haven't been scammed, but I have some friends who have and it just makes me both mad and sad at the same time that they are not aware of the different methods there are out there.
    That being said, I'd love to give a hand here and do my best to help people stop being scammed by the same people and methods.

5) How much time can you devote to SteamRep per week?
    I'd say from 1 to 2 hours daily, probably more on weekends since I'm not that busy studying.

6) Do you have any prior administrative experience, or similar (please elaborate)?
    Yes, I used to own a TS3 server with something like 100 people active daily which I decided to close because I couldn't pay for it anymore. I was also leader of quite a successful clan in a game called Combat Arms (F2P FPS which is actually going downhill) which also closed due to inactivity of the other members of the staff.
    I know it might not be the best administrative experience, but I feel pretty comfortable when I have to take decisions and perform under high pressure.

7) What challenges do you foresee if you become a moderator?
    The only "fear" I have is that it might take me a few days to get used to the process of reports at first, since I don't have the experience I'd like to have in that area. Even though I'm pretty optimistic about it and I'll definitely try my best to learn as fast as I can.

8) Can you accept the fact that you must enforce SteamRep rules and guidelines?
    Yes.

9) Do you feel you will have any issues denying / accepting reports and appeals?
    Definitely not. I'm a straightforward person, I do not have any problems in saying my honest opinion.

10) Do you handle instruction and direction well?
    Yes, I do. If I have any disagreements I'll make sure to clear them out to avoid future problems that might appear due to that situation, but in the end I always do what I'm told to do so.

11) What do you feel are your personal shortcomings or attributes you can improve on?
    Probably the language. As you can tell from 2), I'm from Uruguay, my native language is Spanish, even though I've studied English for about 10 years and I'm really used to talking and writing in English, I sometimes find difficulties to understand what people try to say when their English isn't quite good.
    Another thing I can and will definitely improve is my time management. I could devote at least 1 hour more daily if I plan things and set an schedule for my activities.

12) What contributions do you hope to be able to make? We're especially interested in previous content or experience that shows you can help educate the community on fraud prevention.
    I hope to make the community better. Not only by reducing the amount of scammers, but also helping people to get to known the most commons scams which they fall for on a daily basis.

13) Do you have any interest in eventually becoming an SR Admin? If so, what kinds of things would you like to do? (Example- community relations, appeals, scam reports, etc.)
    Maybe, at the moment I'm interested in becoming a mod because I don't think I have the required experience to become an Admin, but if I get accepted and do well, I'll definitely be interested.

14) Please list all alternate Steam accounts using SteamRep ID blocks.
    | steamname: legit baguette smurf
    | steam3ID: [U:1:325931743]
    | steamID32: STEAM_0:1:162965871
    | steamID64: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198286197471
    | customURL: http://steamcommunity.com/id/420mlg360blazeit
    | steamrep: http://steamrep.com/profiles/76561198286197471

It has no other use than smurfing because I'm a rank slut and I'd hate to lose my rank on my main if I solo queue ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

15) Do you agree to the Code of Conduct and agree to abide by it?
    Yes, I do.

16) Have you read the Duties of SR Moderators post and understand it?
    Yes, I have.

17) (If applicable) List Steam trading communities you are / have been active on and in what capacity (user, mod, admin), also give a link to the account(s) there.
    I do not remember the IP for the TS3, it'd be useless anyway. I can look up for the recruitment post of my old clan if neeeded.

18) Do you have any questions?
    Yeah, is my Spanish useful in any way? Because if it is, I'd love to make some use of it as well.
  2. a Gentleman

a Gentleman SteamRep Moderator Partner Community Donator - Tier V

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:25990581
    Staff positions here are not entry level. I'd recommend getting experience at a partner community,
  3. a Gentleman

a Gentleman SteamRep Moderator Partner Community Donator - Tier V

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:25990581
    Hello, thank you for your patience. Are you still interested in becoming a moderator?
  4. Ninja Otter With A Taco

Ninja Otter With A Taco SteamRep Moderator

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:35378805
    Hi @Bruno ツ

Thank you for your application, however due to your lack of response to the question asked above, we are declining your application.

We are sorry for the delay handling your application, and if you are interested again in the future, feel free to reapply.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.