1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Bug report: When viewing a trade banned user's steamrep page, they are called a scammer

Discussion in 'Discussion Archive' started by samhudson333, Mar 12, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. samhudson333

samhudson333 New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:20671375
    How is that strange? I generally move 2100 a week, and in my prime, moved about 5600 in a week. Big traders move big volume, nothing strange about it.
  2. Zyddie

Zyddie New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:23306550
    Buying from a person who JUST registered on SOP no rep or anything and suddenly sells keys by the 1000´s ? So your admitting to knowing that and to knowing you bought carded keys and didnt care ?.
    If that is the case then you should get a scammer tag.
  3. samhudson333

samhudson333 New User

Steam:
    Nowhere did I say anything remotely close to that. You said it was strange to buy high volumes of keys, and I contested that assertion. I don't buy from people I don't feel safe buying from.
  4. Zyddie

Zyddie New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:23306550
    soooo it is normal for people to have 1000+ keys to sell at the time ? new accounts who is barely registered on SOP who barely have rep on SOP and who has NEVER been known in the trading world ? that is normal ? then i would LOOOOOVE to pick your trading history apart my friend coz then you have done a lot more trades shady than what is at light.
  5. samhudson333

samhudson333 New User

Steam:
    It's not abnormal to have more than 1,000 keys. I believe at peak I had around 3,000 at once. A new account with no rep having that would certainly be abnormal, but I have never dealt with someone meeting all of that criteria. I trade as cleanly as I'm physically able to, and you don't have a scrap of evidence that says otherwise, so since you're clearly just shitposting for the sake of shitposting, I'll kindly ask you to take it someone else.
  6. ForteSP

ForteSP New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:32783182
    I'd like to request this, again.
  7. DataStorm

DataStorm Retired Staff

no. Not for a few days at least.
  8. samhudson333

samhudson333 New User

Steam:
    I am as sure of the legitimacy of the items I buy as one possibly can be. I do my due diligence before each trade, and am increasingly thorough on trades involving over a hundred keys or more than 4 buds. None of my purchases made me doubt the legitimacy of the sellers, and I don't believe I had any reason to.

Frankly, I don't think you have any reason to either, and are grasping at any straw to question my integrity. I detest your insults, and would assert instead that you are a pompous ass.
    Dronefly, MacroPower and AcesGamer like this.
  9. TradingCo

TradingCo New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:61150066
    Sam, you had my respect before this but calling Venganza a pompus ass? This thread started for you to state your case about having that pop-up when viewing your profile removed. Lets try to keep on topic here and not just have this turn into a insult thread that gets locked. The last part was int meant to be directed only at sam but just the tone of this thread in general. I think everybody here is capable of just stating their case with out names being thrown around. This may not be my place to butt in, but iv been watching this thread for a while and it just seems to be getting more hate filled as time passes. Again, sorry if i butted in where i am not wanted, i just was hoping it could stay on task in this thread
    Teeird likes this.
  10. samhudson333

samhudson333 New User

Steam:
    I'm well aware it's off topic, but it is no more off topic than his occasional poor attempts to jab at my legitimacy as a trader. I won't stand for it being called into question, nor for attacks on my person. What right does he have to come in high and mighty to toss insults about?
  11. TradingCo

TradingCo New User

Steam:
    I understand your frustration Sam. But couldn't issues like these just be handled over the private messages or through steam chat instead of exposing things like these to the entire community? If you to just talk it out in private messages with out insulting each other like there is no tommorw, then you guys could work things out and not have so much hate towards each other, both of you, Sam and Venganza seem like nice people and i dont see why you both could not mend a friendship together.
  12. samhudson333

samhudson333 New User

Steam:
    If I'm confronted in a public forum, I will reply in a public forum. If I'm confronted in private, I will respond in private.
    Dronefly, s8. kruz and MacroPower like this.
  13. TradingCo

TradingCo New User

Steam:
    I can understand that, but you want to continue being an active trader after this, correct? If so you don't want to have the negative comments and such out in the public. Its also eaiser to handle things in private because if somebody else comes and views this thread, its going to leave a negative view on the parties involved. I dont know how much more i can add here, i said my part and i truly do hope that you and venganza solve some of your personal issues and i hope that the issues at hand are solved and the correct decision is made, good luck with this thread Sam, i hope everything works out for the best.
  14. Chaos

Chaos Retired Staff

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:33058557
    Stop bickering.

Only warning.
  15. samhudson333

samhudson333 New User

Steam:
    Any update on this? Mattie changed how historical rep was displayed an hour after it was complained about on reddit. This should be a pretty straightforward fix, just removed where it says "Scammer profile overview" and the pop-up
  16. Oz' dak1ne

Oz' dak1ne New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:11020111
    why update? Helen answered you, you forgot that ?

thread can be locked though no?
  17. samhudson333

samhudson333 New User

Steam:

Isn't reading fun?
  18. Oz' dak1ne

Oz' dak1ne New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:11020111
  19. ForteSP

ForteSP New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:32783182
    While I may agree......... SteamREP doesn't allow trolling anymore :(.
  20. s8. kruz

s8. kruz New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:33441979
    I understand that aspect, the point of my comment was, Valve got it wrong, then SR got it wrong, it was a systemic failure to represent both the situation, the context, and all surrounding facts. Merely saying "don't get trade banned" is assuming that Valve and SteamRep get it right everytime, and I don't believe for a moment that any of the SR admins do. Another classic case would be Jabroni. He had 20 something pages of spotless rep on sourceop and one tired, late night trade oversight, and he loses all that rep. Whilst the facts were there, what does his 2 years + of trouble free rep, and hi profile standing within the community get him?.

Whilst I agree in principle that a system was needed to protect the unwitting from the tricksters, sometimes the unwitting are in fact the seasoned professional traders, who came home after 14 hours straight at work, an hours drive home, and one simple, innocent oversight sees them listed amongst the criminal element in our community. Who is vetting and auditing SR's decisions?, while SR bought some much needed justice for the blind 12 year old trader, who got ripped, people like Jabroni, and others like him, are leaving trading, because their rep is now shattered over one genuine oversight.

I think SR should adopt a vouching system, where another community member plays the role of guarantor for a tagged person, and if the tagged person re-offends, their guarantor cannot be guarantor for another 6 months to a year or something like that. I would volunteer to do this for Jabroni in a heartbeat, because I have faith in the guy, and I can plainly see his long standing clean record, and common sense tells me he made a tired or rushed decision. I don't shut the door on good people who make ill-informed or rushed decisions, I would be alone in this world if I did.
    samhudson333 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.