1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Buggy trade after latest steam update?

Discussion in 'Discussion Archive' started by TommY, Mar 14, 2013.

1. TommY

TommY Retired Staff

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:5043065
    When i try to trade with someone, the trade window regularly refreshes so i can't offer any item or even receive any item.

I also found 3 more people having the same problem.

Did it occur to any of you? Please raise you hand
  2. ForteSP

ForteSP New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:32783182
    Wouldn't know. I can't trade until support reviews the evidence I sent them, haha
  3. Zyddie

Zyddie New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:23306550
    Yea i got major problems aswell :S the trade window just keeps updating itself :x
  4. DataStorm

DataStorm Retired Staff

I find that the steam client often kills files around in the client with a steam client update (ie: this happens often since after a steam client update). The solution:

- Exit steam
    - Go to your ..\steam\ folder (probably in C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\ or in C:\Program Files \Steam\ if a x86 system)
    - Delete ALL files and folders except these files/folders:

..\steam\Steam.exe (file, steam self-installer)
    ..\steam\steamapps\ (folder, with all the games installed)
    ..\steam\userdata\ (folder, with all history of joined servers, steam cloud files)

- Start then "steam.exe" and it will re-install steam, and download any needed files for the steam client.
    - Log in using your login name, password and steamguard email code (no, it won't "break" your steamguard, it was never disabled, so you can trade right after).

I find that that solves a lot of times the problems. Other possible problems may be the Antivirus / Firewall blocking steam (for it being a newer executable after the update, antivirus / firewall may not like it). Solution to that is to clear out the old rule and let it reset, and let it pop-up again to make a new rule on it.
    Oz' dak1ne likes this.
  5. TommY

TommY Retired Staff

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:5043065
    Thanks. Today valve released another update to fix that issue lol.
  6. Zyddie

Zyddie New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:23306550
    Yea thanks Data helped alot =) can trade again ^^
  7. DataStorm

DataStorm Retired Staff

In the case of Zyddie it was also that he was using the Steam Beta version. He had to downgrade that to "normal" and then do the above guide again to reset properly to the "current" steam client version.
  8. takethepants

takethepants New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:27332147
    This was a beta issue on Windows. Looks like its fixed now. Luckly I have a Mac too.
  9. JulieT

JulieT New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:2849505
    I had this problem, constant refresh, I solved it by reinstalling Steam.
  10. DataStorm

DataStorm Retired Staff

As you could read, it was a problem in the Steam Client Beta, which was resolved yesterday by Valve.
  11. JulieT

JulieT New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:2849505
    Well, the latest patch that I downloaded before re-installing didn't solve the issue. I mentioned this as a last resort so that if for any reason the update alone didn't work, like in my case, then the original poster would have an idea that it would work.

If it is indeed fixed now, then there's little need for further comments on this thread.
  12. Oz' dak1ne

Oz' dak1ne New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:11020111