1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Can I report someone for this?

Discussion in 'SteamRep General Discussion' started by KenjiMishima, Jun 21, 2016.

1. KenjiMishima

KenjiMishima New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:83218810
    So recently my g2a account was hacked into, a person went in and spent almost all of my 5k balance, changed info on my account, connected a bogus email to it, but most importantly they added their steam trade link, so after I found this and went to it, I found their username. Upon searching their username I can see that on one of the many cs:go websites where you can sell skins, he is selling the exact same skins he bought on my account on that site. So I obviously know now that it is the same guy, these arent run of the mill skins. We are talking about things like DragonLore and Karmabit. So now I am on a mission to do what I can to get him banned before he can sell any of these, I want him to know he messed with the wrong person. Can some members chime in about this? I will get whatever proof I need to to make this work. The way I see it is if he was willing to hack into my account, then he may attempt to do much worse in the future.
  2. Clive

Clive SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:43668349
  3. KenjiMishima

KenjiMishima New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:83218810
    I think that is very lame, but alright. Ill find a way to get him banned without this forum then.
  4. SilentReaper(SR)

SilentReaper(SR) Retired Staff

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:89705646
    Hmm, I didn't go into the reasons behind it.

Hacking of accounts and financial issues are between the account holder and Valve/Steam. We cannot know in any way or form if somebody is really the owner of an account. Hence I have to refer to Valve/Steam Support on those type of issues.

We do not have the expertise in malware research to establish somebody was "hacked" or that they where lousy with their security (same login name and password everywhere type of deal) Or that a site has been hacked themselves and that those site's accounts are being compromised as a result. We simply don't have that kind of tools.

The goal here is to make trading safer for the gaming community, it in part means warning users for scammers who aren't safe to trade with. Promote safe trading practices and account security and such.

We simply cannot cover everything with our small staff. Outside of displaying certain users as banned on our site, there isn't really much that we CAN do against accounts.

This all means that if real action has to be taken, like in your case, then the only ones that actually CAN do any meaningful is Steam Support, the "G2A" site, etc. For THEY have access to the financial end of accounts.

We can pretend all we would like, but there is no use for us to try to research it, for we cannot action upon it, and the meaningfulness is limited to our users that a user has "hacked" and taken money from some site's to "launder" it on Steam. Such accounts should be banned/disabled by Valve. And we cannot provide judgement on such.

But anyhow, just out of curiosity, which Steam account are you talking about?