1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Can i Report someone with alt account?

Discussion in 'SteamRep General Discussion' started by 하니 | Yoona Chocolatte ♥, Sep 14, 2017.

1. So this one guy added me and he's banned on SR already(tried to scammed me), checked his profile and inventory is hidden. Here's the guy [​IMG]

and "My Inventory" leads to his alt account which is [​IMG] this one.

Is sth like this uh legal? Because on his "Inventory" account, he isn't banned on SR.
  2. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    No - we don't accept reports accusing others of being alts.
    Just because items moved doesn't mean its a users other account.
    Your items are long gone, no seeing them again so best not to dwell on the past and learn from what happened to avoid the situation again.
  3. Nebras

Nebras New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:92811415
    he's most likely impersonating the other account, you can't prove it's his account in the first place
  4. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    Right - which is one reason we don't take alt reports.
    What users do typically is report the person being impersonated. Names, item movement and so on isn't enough to prove someone is an alt to someone already tagged.
    Last thing we want are users THINKING someone is an alt, making random reports that may get lost in the mix and then those users start opening up threads all over the place complaining how Steamrep won't clear their name, remove reports etc etc.. its just a big mess so we don't take them.

That doesn't give people a green light to PM me their thoughts either. :)
  5. Z o o f i e

Z o o f i e New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:1679355
    If they are already tagged there is no sense in worrying. If other accounts are definitively owned by the tagged user, SR would already have their alts tagged.