1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Can i report this?

Discussion in 'SteamRep General Discussion' started by Chronos, Aug 16, 2014.

1. Chronos

Chronos New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:37606171
  2. xxBonsai99xx

xxBonsai99xx New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:32214292
    Pretty sure that is reportable since they are trying to get free items off you by threatening to DDoS.
  3. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    Not worth the effort to even post about it here IMO..they can't do nothing to you. This isn't a scam by no means and isn't something that you can use SR for.

On a side note - Every ISP has the tools to block such a single event from a single user so he can talk the talk all he wants but it is nothing more than laughable.
  4. SIVARTZ

SIVARTZ Retired Staff

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:46928737
    Extortion is distinguished from robbery. In robbery, whether armed or not, the offender takes property from the victim by the immediate use of force or fear that force will be immediately used (as in the classic line, "Your money or your life.") Extortion, which is not limited to the taking of property, involves the verbal or written instillation of fear that something will happen to the victim if they do not comply with the extortionist's will. Another key distinction is that extortion always involves a verbal or written threat, whereas robbery does not.

Scammer
    One who does everything in his/her power to steal from another, usually by means of trickery, deceit, and force.
    Sounds like something that SR needs to look into. Both extortion by DDoS and definition of a scammer seem to intertwine with one another.
  5. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    I honestly see it nothing more than an empty threat, someone that will command the resources to inflict a DDoS on someone most likely won't threaten them with it as to leave a trail to the source cause it can lead to criminal prosecution by ISP's or data centers. We just can't go around tagging people for say if someone threatens another player "Hey I'm going to kill your fn dog if you don't trade me that Unusual!!". Only thing I'd say to do is at this point is they can report it thru steam with the selection of Harassment and block them then continue on with life. I don't see how it should need SR to get involved when a scam or attempted scam as we already define it did not happen. Hell, I stopped counting all the threats I've gotten over the years while in a game on my life, my dogs life, sister I don't have, cat, fish, or anything else these kids can think of in a failed attempt to inflict fear.... don't live in a state of fear.
  6. SIVARTZ

SIVARTZ Retired Staff

Steam:
    Maybe an empty threat but still an attempt to gain virtual pixels with no cost. If it were some "noob" so to speak, they would be scared to death and probably just hand over their entire bp so that mom and dad dont kick their ass for screwing up the internet connection. Im probably being a little over the top about it but I personally got nailed on RAWR from an idle threat of DDoS and I called the guy out. Needless to say we were offline for a couple hours. But I do see what you are saying and at the end of the day you also have a good argument.
  7. SilentReaper(SR)

SilentReaper(SR) Retired Staff

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:89705646
    We did in rare occasion ban people for trying to pull forms of extortion. Its not commonly, but it really depends on how it was executed etc.
  8. SIVARTZ

SIVARTZ Retired Staff

Steam:
  9. SilentReaper(SR)

SilentReaper(SR) Retired Staff

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:89705646
    A horse is grazing on a piece of grassland, and its fenced off around. A big sign in front of it says that if you get the horse to laugh, you get a free meal in the inn next to it.
    A guy arrives, gets off his motorbike and walks to the horse and whispers something into the horse's ear. The horse is laughing in a stupor, and the guy gets his free meal.
    The next day, the innkeeper then changes the sign, that the person that can get the horse to cry is to get a free meal at the inn. Round dinnertime, the guy on the bike gets along, reads the sign, and goes to the horse, and stands there for a bit. The horse is crying like a baby and is inconsolable. The guy gets his meal, and the innkeeper asks how he got the horse to laugh and cry.

The biker answers: The first time, I told him I had a bigger dick then the horse, that made him laugh. Today, I showed him.

Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative, Moderating).**
  10. SIVARTZ

SIVARTZ Retired Staff

Steam:
    Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative, Moderating).**
    :D
  11. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    [​IMG]
    Tio José das Vacas likes this.