1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Can the caution tag appeals be looked at?

Discussion in 'Discussion Archive' started by samhudson333, May 10, 2014.

1. samhudson333

samhudson333 New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:20671375
    Don't get me wrong, I know the staff is massively overwhelmed. I 100% understand that, as a former outpost moderator. During my time, I was one of the only staff members that did a legitimate amount of work every day. I know what it's like to be overwhelmed, and it sucks. But we never let an appeal just sit there, we got their fair trials done in a timely manner.

My caution tag appeal has sat empty for a year and 3 months. It was a first offense, for a non-tagged user, just someone that "looked sketchy". According to the FAQ, it should have been removed the second I talked to an admin about it, but the admin that gave me the tag refused, and told me to appeal it. As you can tell by this post, appealing it has done nothing.

There's 30 pending appeals for SR Caution tags: http://forums.steamrep.com/forums/srcautionappeal/ . Many are in the same boat as me. I don't think it's much to ask for an admin to decide to sit down and finish those off one day in the near future. I've waited an excessively long time. Again, I get that SR is understaffed and entirely volunteers, but I want to get back into trading, and am apprehensive to do so with an ominous orange tag on my profile. It's effecting my livelihood, and I just want it done. Thanks for reading.
  2. You Are The One

You Are The One SteamRep Admin

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:41038663
    Appeals take a long time due to being short staffed. Yes, the caution appeals have sat untouched longer then most of the regular banned tags as they are lower priority in general due to their lower seriousness. However, in the last two weeks or about, we already started to correct this lapse to bring such appeals back on par with the rest of the appeals (looking threw recent archived appeals will reflect this recent progress)

As for your specific appeal, you will have to wait until it is addressed.

-thx