1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Completed: Friends Carbon Gaming Network Application

Discussion in 'Archived Applications' started by CGN | Renegade, Dec 10, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CGN | Renegade

CGN | Renegade New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:16122040
    1. SteamRep Integration
    a. Do you run Trade Servers? Please list the URL/IP of each server in your community that runs the SteamRep plugin and how many days each has been running it.

167.114.110.235:27015 - SR Plugin Installed October 5th (66 Days)

b. Do you run a trade-related web application or community? List the URLs of the sites that run theSteamRep Web API and how many days each has been utilizing the API to block or mark scammers.

Not at this moment.

2. Have you made any modifications or changes to the SteamRep plugin or are you running an unofficial plugin? If so, please explain.

No.

3. Please list the URL of your community's Steam group.

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/carbongamingnetwork

4. Please list the URL of your Steam group containing your community's administrators.

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/CGNTradeStaff

5. Please list ALL admins (not in the above group) and/or moderators of your community below with links to their SteamRep profile (e.g. HelenAngel - http://steamrep.com/profiles/76561197977521239)

The admin only steam group is up to date.

6. What are your community's policies on scamming & scamming-related activities?

We don't allow scamming in any shape way or form at CGN. All scams reported to us must have plenty of valid proof before we begin to proceed with a players removal from our servers. Before looking at any of the proof sent by the victim we check the suspected scammers steam profile on SR to see if he has any reports filed against him. Any reports or information that could help us in the case against the suspected scammer is always nice to have. If the suspected scammer doesn't have anything SR related on his profile we look for proof that must follow these guidelines at minimum.

Type of proof required to take action on a reported scammer:

1. Full screenshots of chat logs (cropping is not allowed at all.)
    2. Full screenshots of inventory history.
    3. Any type of video/recording or any other screenshots that could be helpful in the process.

If we do receive the proper amount of proof required we will then immediately act on it.

In addition to the previously listed procedures we also manage a verified buyer/seller list. This list is populated with people that have all been approved and verified by our head staff for either buying/selling based on what they were approved for. The people included on this list are the only people permitted to buy/sell on our trade server. We do this because we feel that it dramatically reduces the amount of real money scams that occur throughout the trading community.

http://forum.carbongaming.net/threads/approved-real-money-buyers-sellers-use-at-your-own-risk.1289

7. Why does your community wish to exchange banners and become a Friend of SteamRep?

We promote a safe and clean trading environment for our servers and being a part of SteamRep would ultimately help us further that goal.

8. Please provide a link to your community's website (if applicable)

http://carbongaming.net

9. Please provide a link to your community's Sourcebans or ban/report forum.

http://sbans.carbongaming.net

We have a scam report section on our forums that people can fill out but it isn't ever really used to be honest. For the most part players will just directly contact myself or one of my admins/head admins to bring a scammer to our attention.

http://forum.carbongaming.net/forms/trade-scam-report.4/respond

10. Please provide a link to your community's stats page, hlstatsx or GameMe (if applicable).

We don't really use a statistics page other than our player analytics and that isn't publically available.

11. Please provide additional details about your community such as how it came to be, how long it has been around, the primary goals of it, what it does, etc.

CGN was started by myself and my friend Otis along with a few of our friends back in the spring of last year. We started conceptualizing the idea of our own community because we were unhappy with our old one. Our goal from the start was to create a place where people could experience amazing servers and have a responsive staff to go alongside them. Together with my staff and some friends we have created something truly amazing and only hope that we can continue to provide not only a safe environment for people to play in but a quality one as well.

12. Please post your community's desired banner (if not already on SR). Banners should be 225x48.

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

Tio José das Vacas and Cyborg like this.
  2. a Gentleman

a Gentleman SteamRep Moderator Partner Community Donator - Tier V

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:25990581
    Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative, Moderating, SteamRep Partner Members, SteamRep Partner SCAs).**
    Last edited: Dec 11, 2015
    Tio José das Vacas likes this.
  3. (Derp) Cookie Monster

(Derp) Cookie Monster New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:25434707
    i have a question about your
    Approved Real Money Buyers/Sellers (Use At Your Own Risk) list
    So you say use at your own risk. Yet you are endorsing these sellers as trustworthy people?

For example one of the people you approve for "buying and selling" has a friends only profile setting. Do you really want to continue to endorse him?

Private Profile: http://i.imgur.com/rMzwPBD.png
    Wakaflockaflame: Buying and Selling
    Steam Profile: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198167088108/
    Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:103411190
    Steamrep: http://steamrep.com/profiles/76561198167088108
    Cashrep Thread: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/CSGOREPorts/discussions/5/620712999978751435/

Other then that. The community looks like a good one. I wish you luck!
  4. a Gentleman

Steam:
    I agree. SteamRep used to have a similar feature, which was removed for very good reasons.
    Roudydogg1 likes this.
  5. CGN | Renegade

CGN | Renegade New User

Steam:
    Thanks for the question! The reason that we warn people to use the list at their own discretion is because these people have shown to us and many others that they are trustworthy people; BUT, things can change at any given moment for any amount of reasons... We feel that it is a good thing to warn people that while the people on the list have proven they are trustworthy, anything could happen no matter how reputable that person is.

As far as the fellow with the friends only profile, I'll be removing him from the list as of now until we have a chat with him about his profile settings. At the time of his approval he had a public profile so I apologize for the oversight.
  6. (Derp) Cookie Monster

(Derp) Cookie Monster New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:25434707
    Okay. But say a new player comes in. New to paypal trading and everything. They join the server and see these people are "approved". One of these approved players go and scam them. They will instantly think since you guys approved them and said they were trustworthy that you were in on it and knew what was going to happen.(obviously wouldn't be the case) but this can ruin the trustworthiness of your list. If one person on that list scams someone the reputation of everybody goes down. Would you consider removing this list at a further point?
  7. a Gentleman

Steam:
    I know of the user you're talking about with the private profile. He deleted me after I asked him some questions regarding his recent trades.

If you could do away with that list altogether then your application would be perfect in my opinion.

P.S. Been on your server several times, and absolutely love what you're doing. Happy holidays from Alias Server Network :) <3
  8. CGN | Renegade

CGN | Renegade New User

Steam:
    In response to the buyer/seller list it is unfortunately a double-edged sword... It has the benefit of disallowing people from attempting to scam on our trade server because they're not on the list. At the same time something like what Cookie Monster described could also happen. I will say that we try and keep a real close watch on anyone that happens to be approved and that sometimes things do happen to fall through the cracks. At the end of the day I feel that our list does more good than bad and it is definitely something that I plan on further discussing with my staff.

Also, something that I was pondering on is that SteamRep has a verified middle man list that is essentially the same thing. They even go as far as to list a disclaimer to shield themselves from any negative outcome that could come of one of the members on that list doing something bad. I know that the process to get on that list is far more strenuous than to get on our buyer/seller list but as I said in my previous reply anything could happen good or bad no matter who the person is or how reputable they are. Just some food for thought...

Thanks for the feedback though guys I really do appreciate it!
  9. a Gentleman

Steam:
    Middlemanning is not buying/selling. A middleman never touches the money. A partner community middleman adheres to a very specific set of rules and standards in order to continue being one and helping out.

Just trying to help you out here, as your list may be a topic of concern for your application.
    Last edited: Dec 11, 2015
  10. CGN | Renegade

CGN | Renegade New User

Steam:
    I had a productive conversation about the buyer/seller list and some things popped up that I hadn't really considered. We'll be readdressing the list in its entirety sometime tonight. In all honesty I will probably just do away with it.

With that said I would just like to add that while middle men might not directly come in contact with the money they do hold all of the items that are worth the money.

Thanks for the feedback again!
  11. Penguin The Fluffy

Penguin The Fluffy Articus Birdicus Defenderus Retired Staff

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:10455403
    We have started the review process. There may be more questions. Because of this we request you keep an eye on this thread.
  12. Penguin The Fluffy

Penguin The Fluffy Articus Birdicus Defenderus Retired Staff

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:10455403
    Application has been accepted . Please make sure you have the latest banner posted.
    Katpolice, a Gentleman and Enstage like this.
  13. a Gentleman

Steam:
    Congratulations!
  14. [FoG] Downie

[FoG] Downie New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:42084996
    Congratulations guys. You must have set the record for most quickest application for sure! Good luck
  15. Katpolice

Katpolice New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:92954363
    Congratulations!
  16. Mattie!

Mattie! SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:5712733
    Welcome. Your banner should be live. Sorry for the delays.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.