1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Accepted Clive's Moderator Application

Discussion in 'Archived Applications' started by Clive, Nov 10, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Clive

Clive SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:43668349
    1) Applicant Name and Info: (copy and paste the usual several lines of IDs from SR profile)

|steamID: Clive
    |steamID32: STEAM_0:0:43668349
    |steamID64: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198047602426
    |customURL:
    |steamrepURL: http://steamrep.com/profiles/76561198047602426

Q & A
    2) How old are you, what city and area do you live in?
    I am 17 years old and live in Vermont (I can provide the city if absolutely necessary)

3) Please tell us a bit about yourself (job, school, hobbies, other)?
    I am a senior in high school, and my favorite classes are AP Computer Science, AP French, and AP Economics. On my free time I enjoy playing games on steam (usually tf2). I am also a boy scout, and am currently in the final application process for becoming an eagle scout. Next year i will (hopefully) be going to college as a criminal justice major.

4) Why do you want to be an SR mod?

There are a couple reasons why I would like to become a SR mod. The main reason is I like to help people. I have always enjoyed helping people and I am planning on basing my life around that (hence becoming a criminal justice major and boy scouts.) The other reason I would like to become a SR mod is I would like to help with scam reports. I hate when i'm browsing scam reports and being unable to help someone.

5) How much time can you donate to SR per week?
    Depending on my schedule I would say around 15-20 hours per week.

6) Do you have any prior admin experience, or similar, and please elaborate?

I have been an admin on The Brother's Googly for just over a year now.

7) What do you foresee as challenges as an SR mod?

After getting used to the system, the only problem I can think of would be reports that are "wishy washy", or hard to judge if the person has an intent to scam or not.
    8) Can you accept the fact that you must enforce per SR rules and guidelines?

Of course!:)

9) Do you feel you will have any issues denying appeals or accepting reports?

None that i can think of.

10) Do you handle instruction and direction well?

Yes.

11) What do you feel are your personal shortcomings or attributes you can improve on?

Sometimes I consider myself too nice on some people. I sometimes have a hard time to "put my foot down" on people, although I have been trying to improve on this.

12) What contributions do you believe you will be able to make to SR?

I have a lot of time to give towards SR. I also consider myself level-headed and competent, so I would be another potential person to bounce ideas off of.

13) Do you have any interest in eventually becoming an SR Admin? If so, what kinds of things would you like to do? (Example- community relations, appeals, scam reports, etc.)

At the moment no, as I won't know my schedule next year when i go to college, I would hate to take a position, but not have the time to spend for that position and let people down.:(

14) Please list all alternate Steam Accounts by their ID64.

This is my main alt:
    |steamID: Clive1

|steamID32: STEAM_0:1:45226863

|steamID64: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198050719455

|customURL:

|steamrepURL: http://steamrep.com/profiles/76561198050719455
    I also use this account as a storage, but do not have direct access to it (my brother's acc):
    |steamID: Gravity's Wings

|steamID32: STEAM_0:0:36371931
    |steamID64: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198033009590
    |customURL:
    |steamrepURL: http://steamrep.com/profiles/76561198033009590

15) Do you agree to the Code of Conduct and agree to abide by it?
    Yes.

16) Do you have any questions?

No
    ne at the moment! :)

Thank you for considering me!:)
    A Filthy Streetrat likes this.
  2. wic

wic New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:1874586
    Seems like a good addition to the moderator list imo. He seems to have a clear insight on situations. Good luck with your app :)
  3. ForteSP

ForteSP New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:32783182
    I like this guy! I'm am an Eagle Scout so I can empathize with ya.

Don't know you very well. But If I had a vote, I'd give it a yes, lol.
  4. jamjars

jamjars New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:44890568
    on my way to becoming an eagle. Good luck!
  5. Sari

Sari Helpful Member

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:50710336
    I see this guy all the time on this one trade server I go to. He would make a great moderator.
  6. HelenAngel

HelenAngel Retired Staff

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:8627755
  7. TradingCo

TradingCo New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:61150066
    Clive would make a great mod. Hes always helpful around the forums and after getting to know him for a bit, hes a great guy and extremely patitent and helpfull. Good luck clive!
  8. Clive

Clive SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    Having read over them, I feel that I am still able to uphold a moderator position, and see nothing that would hinder my app:)

I do, however, have a question (feel free to not answer it if necessary:))

Why isn't there a separate sub-forum in the scam report section for reports that are marked "Needs More Info"?

p.s. Thank you so much to those who wished my luck on my app, don't take my not responding as a negative remark, I just feel that I shouldn't make unnecessary posts on my app. I truly do appreciate your words of support!:)
  9. HelenAngel

HelenAngel Retired Staff

Steam:
    Needs More Info reports are sorted into the sub-forum about what type of scam it is. That way when more evidence is given, the moderator only has to change the prefix rather than move it again. :)
  10. Clive

Clive SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    ah that makes sense, thanks!:)
  11. HelenAngel

HelenAngel Retired Staff

Steam:
    Anytime! :) Also, just letting you know that your application is still under review. Thank you for your patience and understanding. :)
  12. ForteSP

ForteSP New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:32783182
    Congrats, Clive! I've been in support of your application from the start! Not that my opinion holds any weight, though :).
  13. Xenophobia

Xenophobia Retired Staff

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:20973413
    Welcome to the staff.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.