1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Confused and Concerned - Trading with a Mark

Discussion in 'SteamRep General Discussion' started by Existing Fault, Apr 29, 2017.

1. Existing Fault

Existing Fault Banned on SteamRep

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:43579554
    So... recently, my account came into an issue with being banned. I read the rules to make sure that with anyone I trade with isn't at risk of becoming marked due to me selling my items.

So, I need clarification. If I am a Marked Scammer, which I am, and I sell items that I own, is it technically a bannable offence to the buyer? Just wanted to know because I don't want to be hindered in the field of trading for a long time waiting out my appeals acceptance.
  2. You Are The One

You Are The One SteamRep Admin

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:41038663
  3. Existing Fault

Steam:
    Well, I thank you for telling me this and no, I didn't read it on Reddit. A friend of mine explained to me that with him trading with me would get him banned in the case of Backpack.tf and I was a little worried that I would be unable to continue but... glad to know thats behind me.
  4. You Are The One

You Are The One SteamRep Admin

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:41038663
    Please note, whoever you trade will NOT be tagged by SR or receive any community banned tags on SR but... those individual communities can still ban their own users from their own sites for whatever reason(s) they see fit, including trading w/users who are SR banned/have community banned tags on SR or even posting "yolo" in posts/trades. Your friend should lay off the Reddit :)
    Roudydogg1 likes this.
  5. Existing Fault

Steam:
    I don't know why you have some addiction with Reddit o_O
  6. Enstage

Enstage SteamRep Admin Partner Community Donator - Tier V

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:52569926
    Of all people, he would be one of the last to have a love for Reddit.
    Nebras likes this.
  7. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    No idea why you would assume that when you read what YATO wrote there. That makes little to no sense... basically put - reddit like any other site can ban you from their services for whatever reason they see fit - they own it they can do whatever they want.
  8. Existing Fault

Steam:
    Well, thank you for answering my question, apologies if I sound a tad rude there and I understand that seems incredibly annoying.