1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Crytek have been possibly hacked, change your passwords.

Discussion in 'Discussion Archive' started by Evanescence, Aug 10, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Evanescence

Evanescence New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:19459148
    You might have received an email saying somethng like below.

Apparently Crytek have been hacked or something. Just suggesting you to change all your password related to that.

It's pretty much saying this of multiple sources too. So i doubt it's a "fake" email. All website are back online i think. So change your pass ASAP, and DON'T use the same password everywhere.

"Dear XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX,

We recently became aware of suspicious activity relating to some of Crytek’s websites, and acted quickly to take those websites offline for security reasons.

The sites listed below are currently offline:
    • Crytek.com
    • Mycryengine.com
    • Crydev.net
    • MyCrysis.com
    The following Crytek sites remain online and are not affected by these issues:
    • GFACE.com
    • Crysis.com
    • Warface.com
    If you have an account at crydev.net or mycrysis.com, you will be asked to change your password next time you log in. If you use your current password anywhere else online, we would also suggest that you reset it at those sites.

We are working on getting all websites fully operational again as soon as possible. Please accept our sincere apologies for any inconvenience.

The Crytek Team"
  2. Sari

Sari Helpful Member

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:50710336
    I don't really see what this has to do with SR.
  3. You Are The One

You Are The One SteamRep Admin

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:41038663
    Probably because its a video game company so some users here may have accounts,
  4. DataStorm

DataStorm Retired Staff

hmm, that is pretty old by now, it was last week or so.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2...s-websites-after-suspicious-activity-detected

Crytek handled it, by requiring all users to change passwords.... its the users responsibility to keep passwords different at their email service etc, see also my mail guide:

http://forums.steamrep.com/threads/general-e-mail-security-considerations.17308/

PS: mycry, cry this and that, it made me pretty sad, Cry Cry and more Cry...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.