1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Declined CS:GO High Tier Price List (Updated)

Discussion in 'Archived Applications' started by OceanManSam (3Dopplers), Feb 22, 2017.

1. OceanManSam (3Dopplers)

OceanManSam (3Dopplers) New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:46824712
    I have a feeling that my last application would go unnoticed seeing as no indication that my application had been taken off hold was made. If this wasn't the case, I apologize, but either way, I would like to submit the application in its entirety.

1. SteamRep Integration
    a. Do you run Trade Servers? Please list the URL/IP of each server in your community that runs the SteamRep plugin and how many days each has been running it.
    No

b. Do you run a trade-related web application or community? List the URLs of the sites that run theSteamRep Web API and how many days each has been utilizing the API to block or mark scammers.
    No

2. Have you made any modifications or changes to the SteamRep plugin or are you running an unofficial plugin? If so, please explain.
    No

3. Please list the URL of your community's Steam group.
    https://steamcommunity.com/groups/HTPriceList

4. Please list the URL of your Steam group containing your community's administrators.
    https://steamcommunity.com/groups/HTPriceListStaff

5. Please list ALL admins (not in the above group) and/or moderators of your community below with links to their SteamRep profile (e.g. HelenAngel - http://steamrep.com/profiles/76561197977521239)
    None

6. What are your community's policies on scamming & scamming-related activities?
    We help to prevent scamming, misrepresenting virtual items, sharking and other fraudulent behavior.

7. Why does your community wish to exchange banners and become a Friend of SteamRep?
    I ask that if anyone on our staff is caught having attempted to manipulate prices (by misrepresenting virtual items or other fraudulent behavior) using our site receive a Steamrep ban. To further this, I feel that having Steamrep work together with us would help make the site more secure and help traders determine the value of their items so they are not swayed by fraud and have an easier time trading, which will in turn make trading more accessible to new traders.

8. Please provide a link to your community's website (if applicable)
    https://sites.google.com/view/htpricelist

9. Please provide a link to your community's Sourcebans or ban/report forum.
    None

10. Please provide a link to your community's stats page, hlstatsx or GameMe (if applicable).
    None

11. Please provide additional details about your community such as how it came to be, how long it has been around, the primary goals of it, what it does, etc.
    My staff and I have created a CS:GO High Tier Price List that shows the most recent selling price of high tier items from mediums such as Reddit. The site is completely free to use for personal use and does not have any advertisements. We make no money from extra traffic to the site and are funded purely by donations, sponsorships and partnerships. We price items that are not priced well on SteamAnalyst or Steam Community Market such as Rubies, Sapphires, Black Pearls, Emeralds, Dragon Lores and Howls. The site is less than a month old and we are still looking to hire active CS:GO traders who are frequent users of the /r/GlobalOffensiveTrade subreddit and other trading channels. I coded the spreadsheet completely by myself and the staff fill out update forms that are recorded in the backend of the sheet and the sheet is updated automatically.
    To avoid any form of price manipulation concerns, we already have some safeguards in place. Only approved staff can add prices to the spreadsheet using their own individual passwords. Everyone on staff knows not to add any sales that involved sketchy pricing such as quicksales and super inflated price sales. I have access to the back-end of the postings and can see if anyone on staff posts odd prices. We have already begun implementing photo proof of each closed sale to accommodate each price update.

12. Please post your community's desired banner (if not already on SR). Banners should be 225x48. Example: [​IMG]It's attached.

Attached Files:

2. a Gentleman

a Gentleman SteamRep Moderator Partner Community Donator - Tier V

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:25990581
    Re. #7

Price manipulation has nothing to do with misrepresentation of virtual items.

Also please do not open any new community application threads. Stick to this one.
    Abasha and Roudydogg1 like this.
  3. OceanManSam (3Dopplers)

OceanManSam (3Dopplers) New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:46824712
    So I guess it would only be fraudulent behavior which would include price manipulation?
  4. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    SR doesn't recognize values/pricing like what say backpack.tf applies to items.
    While price manipulation such as buying a ton of one item then reselling/trading it to drive up the supply demand isn't exactly something we would investigate.
    We will certainly investigate something showing deception to the value...IE: Those fake chrome exts that show one item valued less than it really would be to say the majority of users that list items on opskins or other places...this is deception to trick someone into unloading a under valued item for something of equal value but the user that pushed that extension was at fault for trying to deceive.
    That make sense?

If you have examples I'm glad to review them.
    a Gentleman likes this.
  5. Tio José das Vacas

Tio José das Vacas SteamRep Admin Partner Community Donator - Tier V

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:32194479
  6. Tio José das Vacas

Tio José das Vacas SteamRep Admin Partner Community Donator - Tier V

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:32194479
    Since I got no reply for over 2 weeks, I'm going to go ahead and archive this one.
    We are all about supporting new communities, but you're still to small for us to establish a Friend status.
    Best of luck with your community!
    Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative, Moderating).**