1. Item verification is always, 100% a SCAM! Glitched, illegal, or otherwise unsafe items don't exist.
    If you're here for an admin's "trade assistance", read this immediately or you will lose your items!!!

Pending: Friends Darkly Gaming Community Re-Apply

Discussion in 'Community Applications' started by xF |:. Tick Tock Man, Mar 9, 2017.

1. xF |:. Tick Tock Man

xF |:. Tick Tock Man New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:6073670
    1. SteamRep Integration
    a. Do you run Trade Servers? Please list the URL/IP of each server in your community that runs the SteamRep plugin and how many days each has been running it.

Since 2014:
    72.5.195.65:27017 DARKLY | Toronto TF2 Trade/Idle #1 | darklygaming.com
    72.5.195.65:27018 DARKLY | Toronto TF2 Trade/Idle #2 | darklygaming.com
    72.5.195.65:27019 DARKLY | Toronto TF2 Trade/Idle #3 | darklygaming.com

b. Do you run a trade-related web application or community? List the URLs of the sites that run the SteamRep Web API and how many days each has been utilizing the API to block or mark scammers.
    N/A

2. Have you made any modifications or changes to the SteamRep plugin or are you running an unofficial plugin? If so, please explain.
    No, running the default plugin configuration.

3. Please list the URL of your community's Steam group.
    http://steamcommunity.com/groups/darkly

4. Please list the URL of your Steam group containing your community's administrators.

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/DGNTF2Staff

5. Please list ALL admins (not in the above group) and/or moderators of your community below with links to their SteamRep profile (e.g. HelenAngel - http://steamrep.com/profiles/76561197977521239)
    N/A - All admins are listed.

6. What are your community's policies on scamming & scamming-related activities?
    http://darklygaming.com/forum/threads/darkly-tf2-rules-and-policies.12241/#post-180944

7. Why does your community wish to exchange banners and become a Friend of SteamRep?
    Because maintaining a trade community requires a level of trust, and allowing those players who will not behave in a honorable fashion to join or participate reflects poorly on both the servers and the community at large. We were a part of SteamRep in the past, but due to personnel changes on our end and a a backlog of reports on SteamRep - we allowed the affiliation to expire. We have recovered, found new hosting and developed a new cadre of Staff and would like to resume our previous affiliation.
    https://forums.steamrep.com/threads/darkly-gaming-network-dgn.9887/

8. Please provide a link to your community's website (if applicable)
    http://www.darklygaming.com/forum/portal/

9. Please provide a link to your community's Sourcebans or ban/report forum.
    Sourcebans: http://darklygaming.com/bans/index.php?p=home
    Report Forum: http://www.darklygaming.com/forum/forums/scammer-reports-ban-requests.123/

10. Please provide a link to your community's stats page, hlstatsx or GameMe (if applicable).
    Currently N/A - will update when we set this up.

11. Please provide additional details about your community such as how it came to be, how long it has been around, the primary goals of it, what it does, etc.
    Darkly Gaming Community started in 2012, has been host to numerous games, but has pretty much always had a TF2 component. The core of Darkly was TD (Toronto Darkly) and consisted of a number of long-time friends. It has since evolved into a community of people from all over the globe, and strives to provide a fun and safe envioronment for people to come, hang out, trade and be a part of a community. We strive to maintain a environment where everyone is welcome and feels welcome.

12. Please post your community's desired banner (if not already on SR). Banners should be 225x48. Example:
    There is already one uploaded here.
  2. Lava

Lava SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:46187366
    I have a few questions, and these aren't meant to be hostile in any way:
    1. Are you the effective owner or head administrator of Darkly Gaming?
    2. You mentioned you found new hosting. Do you expect to continue hosting reports/appeals and evidence for past DGN tags? If so, do you plan on taking over those cases, which were handled as any other defunct community? Do you foresee any issue with handling scam reports and appeals again in the future?
    3. How would you describe the timeline of events that led up to leaving your first partnership with SteamRep, from your own perspective as a community admin? Essentially, what went wrong?
      Hidden Content:
      **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative, Moderating).**
    4. How do you plan on preventing the events in #3 from happening again?
    5. The link to your policies and guidelines on fraud from #6 in your OP does not work, even when logged in. Do you have a working link?
      Screenshot from 2017-03-10 01:18:54.png
    6. Your game server rules thread, linked from your Sourcebans, makes separate mention of CS:GO servers and TF2 servers, but I only saw TF2 in the Sourcebans. Do you run CS:GO servers, or only TF2? How active are they?
      Hidden Content:
      **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative, Moderating).**
    Tio José das Vacas likes this.
  3. Tio José das Vacas

Tio José das Vacas SteamRep Admin Partner Community Donator - Tier V

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:32194479
    Gl with your app!
    Hidden Content:
  4. Gatherix

Gatherix New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:32574361
    1. The owner of Darkly Gaming Network is Low Budget. Per long-term changes in the community's servers (see #6), Darkly has been relegated to predominately only TF2; the Counter-Strike community Darkly Gaming Network evolved from, Toronto Darkly, still exists but more so as legacy than function. I have since been the effective head administrator for Darkly and am authorized by Low Budget to speak and act on the community's behalf. Hereon I will be managing our application. Please pardon the confusion and delay in response here. Any of this may be verified with Low Budget and/or Tick Tock Man.

2. All data from bans and appeals past have been migrated as part of the hosting transfer and can still be found in their respective forum sections. Barring the permanent closure of Darkly, this information will be hosted indefinitely, regardless of this application's result. We are prepared to take ownership of our previous cases and any corresponding appeals. Prior to our Defunct status, Jakksilves handled most of our SteamRep cases; though he has since left, I participated in the process and select cases for some time and should be able to refresh myself to the circumstances of specific cases should the need arise. We have several current staff handling reports/appeals and I forsee no issues handling future cases, albeit after some brief training in SteamRep-specific policies.

3. Darkly's previous partnership with SteamRep was facilitated, to my understanding, predominately by Jakksilves; he functioned internally as our conduit to SteamRep. His eventual disappearance coincided with a moderately long period of technical server difficulties and staffing shortages, particularly among senior staff. Part way through this period I went on a hiatus for personal reasons; the remaining staff members were not part of our internal SteamRep and ban cases team, and thus had no knowledge of our partnership beyond that it existed. Recovery from this period came with substantial traffic losses and changes to our staff makeup. I don't intend to place blame elsewhere or absolve myself of responsibility, but frankly after losing so much of the old staff to moving on or absence (myself included), particularly Jakksilves who managed the bulk of our SteamRep relationship, we didn't know how to proceed and didn't place priority on it. Things have since picked up and regular trading has resumed in our community and on our servers, but by then our partnership with SteamRep expired.

4. Ensuring server and staff stability. As Tick Tock Man mentioned we have a new pool of dedicated staff, a fresh community of regulars and traders; we've migrated server hosts on all fronts and changed server configurations. Currently we're working on redoing much of our server-end setups and refining our staff organization.

5. Working links for our relevant policies and processes regarding fraud are listed below. Please note that we're currently rewriting many of our policies and plan to reorganize and consolidate this information on the forums. Nonetheless our policies towards will fraud remain the same (if not better organized). I will update this post should any relevant links change.

http://darklygaming.com/forum/threads/game-server-rules.4613/
    http://darklygaming.com/forum/threads/darkly-tf2-rules-and-policies.12241/#post-180944
    http://darklygaming.com/forum/threads/making-ban-requests-forms-inside.14343/

6. The CounterStrike portion of Darky has since dwindled due to stagnant server traffic. Though it remains active on the forums, the gameservers are mostly retired. We have one CS:GO server that, though mostly empty, gets players on rare occasion. It's address information has not yet been entered into our SourceBans setup due to the hosting move, and thus doesn't show up in the list of servers. It's bans are nonetheless still in the SourceBans catalog and the server info can be found on our homepage.

An addition:

I'd just like to clarify on the original post, item #11: the earliest form of Darkly started in 2005, with TF2 trade servers being added around 2011.
  5. Lava

Lava SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    Can you please provide proof that you are both, in fact, admins on Darkly Gaming? Additionally, we need the owner of a community to request an affiliation with us, so at minimum your community's owner needs to affirm your request.
    Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative).**
  6. Low Budget

Low Budget New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:737125
    Hi all.
    I affirm this request and authorize Gatherix to manage everything from hereon.
    Let me know if you have any questions.
  7. Tio José das Vacas

Tio José das Vacas SteamRep Admin Partner Community Donator - Tier V

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:32194479
    Ok. I do have a question- is the original person that posted this request still within your staff?

[​IMG]
  8. Low Budget

Low Budget New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:737125
    Yes he is still an admin/staff. There was a disagreement which prompted him to write that but it has since been resolved and he is still part of our team.
    xF |:. Tick Tock Man likes this.
  9. xF |:. Tick Tock Man

xF |:. Tick Tock Man New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:6073670
    Just to clarify - I am indeed still Staff. Thanks for hopping in there to clarify LB.
  10. Gatherix

Gatherix New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:32574361
    Certainly. We are both listed as Administrators in our Steam Group. Our profile pages on Darkly's website feature a small "Staff Member" tag (see the attached pictures). Low Budget has also verified our status. If you need something more specific please just let me know.

xF |:. Tick Tock Man likes this.
  11. Lava

Lava SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    If you don't mind me prying, what kind of disagreement would lead someone to claim they're no longer staff, or presumably consider/threaten dropping like that, within a week of applying for partnership status with another community?
    "Staff Member" can mean something as simple as a "moderator", even on our own website, and as we've seen with a few partner communities that went inactive, sometimes Steam groups are not maintained.

Could you upload a screenshot of this thread directly onto your website's filesystem, where it can be accessed from a link? This should confirm that you at least have full administrative access to the website, beyond what a generic "staff" member would have.