1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Declined for moderator application for failing to state "all" of my alternative accounts.

Discussion in 'Discussion Archive' started by prodigyaustralia, May 14, 2015.

1. prodigyaustralia

prodigyaustralia New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:52814116
    Before locking this post or archiving it please at least have a read.

As I can't reply to the thread nor can I private message a staff member about this.

Application link: http://forums.steamrep.com/threads/prodigyaustralias-steamrep-moderator-application.94745/

So my moderator application has been declined for not claiming all my alternative accounts, when I did. I stated the only account I had in the application.

I've made the account public now to prove to you that it has no purchased games on it (Which I said in the app I cna make it public on request). I cannot trade or add any friends on it as it's a family share account. I'll also provide some proof to backup that claim (Images).
    | steamname: dotdotdot
    | steam3ID: [U:1:174702245]
    | steamID32: STEAM_0:1:87351122
    | steamID64: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198134967973
    | customURL:
    | steamrep: http://steamrep.com/profiles/76561198134967973

Other than that the only other person who uses the same IP as me occasionally is my girlfriend. Even then, she just plays games with me, doesn't trade. Occasionally she bets on CS:GO lounge. But if she wants something she just buys it off the market.

I'm quite well known in the Rust community & have ran some of the most successful Rust servers in the world and people have impersonated me and/or cheated using the same names as me and have got themselves banned on RustDB.net.

I feel as though after making this post I feel as though my chance will be tarnished to be a moderator as I'm posting this in a public place but yeah so be it. I'm just trying to prove my point. Like I'm 19 years old, I have my own community I plan to expand that community into bigger and better things. There's better things in life I'm not here to waste peoples time or money.

It's rather unfair that I got declined for not stating my accounts when I did. I'm just trying to help you guys and help the community out. I wouldn't mind my application to be reconsidered, But at the end of the day I do not own this community so yeah.

Thanks for taking your time to read this,

Kind regards,

Prodigy

Attached Files:

2. prodigyaustralia

Steam:
    I'd rather talk to a staff member about this in a private manner as talking in public about issues/ or concerns isn't the best way to find a resolution.
  3. Lava

Lava Public Relations SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:46187366
    You were supposed to list all alternate accounts, including those which aren't yours but might appear as your alternate accounts with an explanation of what they are (in this case a "girlfriend's"). If explained beforehand, when given a chance, it shows you are honest. If you wait until you're called out on it, then it shows you're holding back or hiding something, which tells us we can't trust you as staff.
    Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative, Moderating, SteamRep Friend Members, SteamRep Partner Members, SteamRep Partner SCAs).**
  4. You Are The One

You Are The One SteamRep Admin

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:41038663
    Don't worry, you tarnished your chances even before the above post.
  5. prodigyaustralia

Steam:
    How is that my alternative account? 1) She doesn't use my computer 2) She doesn't trade or use steamrep (I don't think she's ever used it in her life) or anything like that. 3) I don't use her account.
    Regardless, I don't use her account nor does it have anything to do with me. So that's why I didn't list it beforehand and I don't consider it "mine" as I don't have access to it. I don't still see how I'm failing to list all of my alternative accounts.

Even in the Steam Moderator application: 14) Please list all alternate Steam accounts using SteamRep ID blocks. It doesn't say (Even before it got updated) "including those which aren't yours but might appear as your alternate accounts with an explanation of what they are" Nor does it say anywhere else. Otherwise I would have specified my girlfriend's account. Now I look like a bad person for not doing something when I have...

Either way it's my word against yours, there's not much more I can say to prove my innocence. This isn't my community / forum and I understand that. Thanks for taking the time to have a read. :)
  6. Enstage

Enstage SteamRep Admin Partner Community Donator - Tier V

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:52569926
    Maybe that line or something similar should be included in the application form?
    Chazzy and prodigyaustralia like this.
  7. SilentReaper(SR)

SilentReaper(SR) Retired Staff

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:89705646
    Full definition can be found in the appeal tips. We do research the applicants (within the realms of our access and steam, we can't check if someone really was involved with game x that had no footing within steam etc, unless steam ID's are listed there, but then we still would have to know about it to find it).

Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative, Moderating).**
  8. prodigyaustralia

Steam:
    Well then what can I do to prove to you that's my only account that I already listed?
  9. prodigyaustralia

Steam:
    Wait, wait. This is Moderator app, not a Appeal for being banned.
  10. Roudydogg1

Roudydogg1 SteamRep Admin Friend Community

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:58227918
    It's the same guideline (obviously)
  11. prodigyaustralia

Steam:
    If so it should be specified clearly
  12. Roudydogg1

SteamRep Admin:
    Don't get me wrong, I agree; I just thought it was common sense.
    prodigyaustralia likes this.
  13. prodigyaustralia

Steam:
    Yeah kinda, but when applying for a moderator on this forum would your look for applying for moderator application tips in a ban appeal sub forum? It doesn't make sense. Regardless anyone applying for moderator should be familiar with the forum but the topic/sub forum has nothing to with the moderator applications.

Secondly If I listed the account regardless I have nothing to do with it. I can't access it. She isn't at my house that regularly as we live far away from each other. It would be a different scenario if she or any other person or friends or family was at my house regularly.

It's like being at a library or workplace or anywhere else and you have knowledge of [blank] person uses steam, you won't see them for long or they won't be there for long, you don't have any access to his or her account, but you're still required to list them because they have been on the same I.P.
  14. Lava

SteamRep Admin:
    We don't publicly talk about methods of finding alt accounts, but we use more than IP addresses. If you are in a situation like that, then you should explain it up front instead of trying to hide it. I kind of feel like, if you're aware of the inherent trust for this position, and you're asked for all of your alternate accounts, listing those which may be connected to you would be a logical assumption.
    Roudydogg1 likes this.
  15. prodigyaustralia

Steam:
    I have explained it here, but regardless its not connected to me. If I had access or what ever I would of or she came to my house regularly. I know that trust is earned not given, but it's my word against yours. You work for are an admin for SteamRep. You would know what impersonation is, I get it done to me a lot, there's not a lot I can do, People pretend to be an admin under my name, people cheat under my name and people trade under my name. As I have stated I'm quite a well known person in mainly the Rust community, so what ever you're finding is NOT me. Just look at my hours on games I have nearly 4k hours and that's quite a bit considering I've only had steam for around 2 years. Then again hours mean nothing.

Again thanks for responding, if you do change your mind and decide to reconsider, I'd be happy to re-apply
  16. Lava

SteamRep Admin:
    Your girlfriend's account is not the alt(s) we found.
    Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative, Moderating).**
    Roudydogg1 likes this.
  17. Roudydogg1

SteamRep Admin:
    Which is exactly what I was trying to get at
  18. prodigyaustralia

Steam:
    Still I listed my alt.
  19. Roudydogg1

SteamRep Admin:
    Apparently not all of them - which is exactly what he was trying to get at -
  20. SilentReaper(SR)

SilentReaper(SR) Retired Staff

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:89705646
    Well, who's this then:

| steamname: ѕlυм♫
    | steam3ID: [U:1:172403573]
    | steamID32: STEAM_0:1:86201786
    | steamID64: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198132669301
    | customURL:
    | steamrep: http://steamrep.com/profiles/76561198132669301

And outside the evidence that shows its a confirmed alt, we have on record:
    - Similar name at one point in time, which is: prodigyaustraliav2 (won't show screenshot of that, part of SR admin tools)
    - Recent name changes on steam: http://files.steamrep.com/1/2015/05/2015-05-15_13-26-34.png
    - What we had also on archive from when it was researched (a crop shot of it, don't want to show which admin made it etc): http://files.steamrep.com/1/2015/05/2015-05-15_13-35-39.png (connecting it: http://files.steamrep.com/1/2015/05/2015-05-15_13-37-59.png )

And that, vs the question to list alts in the moderator app, ended your application.

Hidden Content:
    Last edited: May 15, 2015
    Roudydogg1 likes this.