1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Declined for moderator application for failing to state "all" of my alternative accounts.

Discussion in 'Discussion Archive' started by prodigyaustralia, May 14, 2015.

1. prodigyaustralia

prodigyaustralia New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:52814116
  2. prodigyaustralia

Steam:
    Also check his name history you'll see similar names, and I forgot to add, he lives in a different country to me :)
  3. SilentReaper(SR)

SilentReaper(SR) Retired Staff

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:89705646
    It was 2 different sources that both linked this account to yours. Both of those sources gave the alt indication via both IP and non-IP based information, where the non-IP based evidence is stronger then the IP based. That evidence is not disputable.
    Roudydogg1 likes this.
  4. You Are The One

You Are The One SteamRep Admin

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:41038663
    You were indisputably linked to the other account and failed to disclose it in your app, hence the rejection. Not sure what you are complaining about. Thank god SR didn't add a crybaby like you to their ranks. Think of all the future drama they just avoided.

(I looked at the notes myself, clear cut case)
    Last edited: May 15, 2015
    Sjru, Roudydogg1 and Hitman Sparky like this.
  5. prodigyaustralia

Steam:
    I still don't understand how I'm linked and how it's mine but ok... As I've said before it's my word against yours and I get impersonated a lot.
    Thanks for taking the time to read & Reply.. :)

Lastly this why I wanted it to be a private conversation to stop immature comments like this.
  6. SilentReaper(SR)

SteamRep Admin:
    Any SCA (partner admin with back-end access) or SR admin can review that evidence, YATO just did. YATO is a highly regarded former head appeals admin, he held that position for 3 years. While some of his comments are, by your definition and I quote you, "immature", the essence is right.
  7. You Are The One

Steam:
    When users deny knowing an account that SR is 100% on, SR does not give out details of how it was found to the user (to protect methods/sources) As above tho, 99.98% of SR evidence is open to inspection to all partner com admins, if they dont have direct SCA access, then upon request. (at least the policy when I was with SR, doubt they changed it) I'm sorry to say, you will get nowhere with your specific case.
    Roudydogg1 and SilentReaper(SR) like this.
  8. prodigyaustralia

Steam:
    I'm not saying he's not an admin.

gg, as I said i can't prove to you that it's not mine. And "SCA"??
  9. Flying Anonymoose

Flying Anonymoose New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:31172344
    SCA stands for Super Community Admin. (Partner Community + SR Mod, I think)
    prodigyaustralia likes this.
  10. SilentReaper(SR)

SteamRep Admin:
    SCA = Super Community Admin, those partner admins of various communities that are given back-end access. Does not equal being mod (although some partner admins are mods too)
    Flying Anonymoose likes this.
  11. You Are The One

Steam:
    To expand on SRs post above; specifically able to add/remove tags for their own community directly without ever having to go to an SR admin or post and wait in the internal SR community scam report section.

Edit: currently 18 active SCA accounts* and 2 users recently granted SCA not set up yet.

*some may be inactive, my account is set up a tad differently since I still set up new SCAs.
    Last edited: May 15, 2015
    Roudydogg1 and prodigyaustralia like this.
  12. USAFMike

USAFMike New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:20981877
    Don't confuse immaturity with honesty.
  13. prodigyaustralia

Steam:
    Not just on this thread.
  14. Lava

Lava Public Relations SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:46187366
    If you can't deal with people being immature around you, maybe the role of SteamRep moderator is not a good fit for you. Just saying...
  15. prodigyaustralia

Steam:
    No it's not that, He was quite nice on this thread.

I'm just saying in other cases, he's been rather rude, immature and just inappropriate. Even though he isn't a SteamRep admin directly he is still representing somewhat of SteamRep. Eventually one day he'll say something completely out-of-line and it will end up back firing on the community so much and it won't look good or end well at all. I understand this isn't my community, but I'm just providing advice as I've been there and done that before. He should be more professional sometimes.

There's a difference between a user being immature around someone, You don't need to argue with them or stoop to their level. Just block/mute/delete/report or ban them depending on your circumstances...
  16. Roudydogg1

Roudydogg1 SteamRep Admin Friend Community

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:58227918
    That's some good advice. Ever think about listening to yourself and doing just that?
    Hitman Sparky likes this.
  17. prodigyaustralia

Steam:
    ??
  18. SilentReaper(SR)

SteamRep Admin:
    Think this topic has run its course. Archiving.