1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Do steam admins ever add users that are about to be marked?

Discussion in 'SteamRep General Discussion' started by gukingofheart, Sep 3, 2013.

1. gukingofheart

gukingofheart New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:49222635
    When you handle a case and feel the evidence is strong enough to mark someone..do you ever add the person?
    If so, what do you ask from them normally?
    There's times where some users pretend to be admins to try to scam traders out of stuff...I know steam support don't add users, but wondered about steamrep admins.

By add, I mean you tell them you're a steamrep admin...if you do it secretly then I don't need to know this at all.
  2. Mattie!

Mattie! SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:5712733
    Sometimes we do add them for strange cases that are not clear, or highly sensitive.

When we do add people we will tell them we are a SteamRep admin asking about SteamRep reports/appeals/issues. We'll always encourage you to confirm our identities, etc, before moving on with the conversation.
  3. SilentReaper(SR)

SilentReaper(SR) Retired Staff

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:89705646
    For those cases where its indeed odd, or something doesn't fit right. for instance where somebody is reported to be scamming a key, but having rep threads for unusuals etc. That doesn't add up. We ask them to provide us some evidence (depends on the situation).

Would not be the first time that a impersonator gave the SR profile to the scammed person, and that impersonated person gets then the report on his head.