1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Does anyone else see the clear and present admin abuse on this site?

Discussion in 'SteamRep General Discussion' started by CatMarrow, May 10, 2018.

1. CatMarrow

CatMarrow Banned on SteamRep

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:140183226
    Go look through all the rejected appeals. Plenty of them were rejected ridiculously because the appeal mod has a huge power complex.
  2. Lava

Lava Public Relations SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:46187366
    If, and only if, you have reason to believe the admin mishandled your case, you can submit an appeal review. Per our FAQ, you are allowed to have your appeal reviewed by another admin to decide if you deserve a second appeal, but only in the event of extenuating circumstances. To do this, you must choose one of these reasons, and explain:
    1. New evidence not produced in your original appeal.
    2. Unfair appeal. Note: A different appeal admin will review your original appeal and decide if their is enough to grant you a new appeal.
    3. Other extenuating circumstance at admins discretion.
    Example of new evidence: Reporter was later banned for submitting fake reports/screenshots to maliciously harm people's reputation, supporting your claim to innocence.
    Example of unfair appeal: Appeals admin had a conflict of interest, or mishandled your case (e.g. rejected by same admin who accepted report).

Appeal reviews are not second appeals, but a petition to request a second appeal under extenuating circumstances. The burden of proof for these circumstances rests entirely on you, and you only get one chance to explain yourself. By design, very few appeal reviews have ever been granted, because they're not intended to contest the admin's decision, but for last-resort accountability in the event an admin didn't follow our policy (which shouldn't ever happen). Disagreeing with the admin's decision, wanting a second chance, thinking the permanency of tags is too harsh, or having a change of heart "for realzies this time" are not extenuating circumstances, even if they're true, and any attempt to argue them will result in your review being discarded and no further appeal reviews allowed from you ever again.

If you still think extenuating circumstances apply to your case, see our appeal tips for instructions to request an appeal review. Read those tips over completely, and you will find instructions to petition for another appeal.
  3. Tumor

Tumor Donator - Tier IV

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:179643005
    Most of them are denied due to false claims or saying they never committed the scam. You have to realize that they have to trust you that you would never commit offenses again or take part in fraud. It's sort of like trying to get off of the sex offender registry, it's very difficult and takes a while to process and in most cases are denied.
    Roudydogg1 likes this.
  4. Roudydogg1

Roudydogg1 SteamRep Admin Friend Community

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:58227918
    No, I absolutely do not.
    [M&C] TheBluekr, Tumor and derfy like this.
  5. Blue whiskY

Blue whiskY Banned on SteamRep

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:55929098
    I would agree I see a bit of attitude from the admin on appeals. Makes me feel like I'm not very welcome and I get a hostile vibe as if I'm some sort of scamming scum. I would like to be done using this site but I cant because I check everyday to see if my 3 year appeal is responded to.
  6. Zoofie_

Zoofie_ New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:428249578
    I tend to read around, I haven't seen any of this abuse you speak of. Remember, just because they don't see eye to eye with the accused doesn't make it abuse.
  7. Blue whiskY

Steam:
    I dont think he meant abuse I think he meant he saw some sort of a napoleon complex. He probably means the admin is rude. And do you have to agree no, but he felt as if he wasn't treated fairly.
  8. Blue whiskY

Steam:
    They do have a very large back log if you look processing appeals theres like 565 or so not finished.
  9. sc2k1 | wtfskins.com

sc2k1 | wtfskins.com New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:200617987
    I don't see any abuse, and I see OP is banned on steamrep.